Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T5 on south server?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 75x in 44 Posts

Just hooked up my jynxbox to same system and south is working fine on it so that confirms whatever went down with the south server and they had to change server locations a few weeks back is causing the Dreamlink T5 to have scrambled channels and freezing issues... gonna try loading an older FW on it see if maybe that might fix the issue with this change they made...
    Last edited by craigg; 12-26-2018 at 05:51 PM.
    War is hell on the homefront!!!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 243x in 142 Posts
    Items DishWhiskeyA BeerPresentpoisonTreasureCashRibbon 3

Maybe the server is miss-configured and see the T5 as fsec or something along those lines. My neighbour has a T5 will be home soon will check with him in a bit.

My other buddy say his VS9K is running great but his ports have different numbers than the ones mentioned here. He say check 9460 that is working good on the VS9K with goo router.

Edit add this:

Buddy says T5 is fine, no freeze on 9460, 9436 and 9469 of the channels he checked on south. But his ports are different and probably a different server domain name/IP.
    Last edited by jets; 12-27-2018 at 04:25 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 166x in 106 Posts
    Items HeadstonesTV

Mine's unwatchable tonight. Maybe we need a different port?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 135x in 100 Posts
    Items Lion
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 09:26 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 08:15 PM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 08:15 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 02:18 AM from BluegrassTree
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 02:18 AM from Bluegrass

Quote Originally Posted by dcapper View Post
    Mine's unwatchable tonight. Maybe we need a different port?
    I was thinking of maybe a different port too because I am running a dreamlink V.1 or 2 with a south server and it keeps on freezing on different channels.

Do they recommend a certain port for dreamlink?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

I just called my cousin in Calgary and he's working fine. My buddy in Winnipeg is freezing. I'm freezing in the south. At least it's warm out though! So my cousin is on cable, my buddy is on dsl, and I'm on cable. I've rebooted my router and modem lots. I just factory reset the T4 and then loaded a factory file, then loaded the new file. Rescanned and it's a no go. Still freezing. I've tried port 40000 and 65000. From what I hear, the Viewsat's are fine though.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 75x in 44 Posts

Anybody have any new updates on the T5 and the South server problem people were having since the recent server location change several weeks back? And is anybody currently using their T5 on South server and getting all the channels without any freezing or issues? Swapped out the power adapter but still not working on south here, North server works fine on it though which still doesn't make much sense if it was on the receiver end. Could be a timing issue and the receiver cant get whatever it needs from the server fast enough now that it has changed locations to another part of the world?
    War is hell on the homefront!!!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

Quote Originally Posted by craigg View Post
    Anybody have any new updates on the T5 and the South server problem people were having since the recent server location change several weeks back? And is anybody currently using their T5 on South server and getting all the channels without any freezing or issues? Swapped out the power adapter but still not working on south here, North server works fine on it though which still doesn't make much sense if it was on the receiver end. Could be a timing issue and the receiver cant get whatever it needs from the server fast enough now that it has changed locations to another part of the world?
    Ya my power supply worked on some channels but most are down now. There has to be a south server problem. I'm waiting for my VPN router to show up. My receivers at home work through NordVPN. I'll try that and update.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 53x in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dcapper View Post
    Ya my power supply worked on some channels but most are down now. There has to be a south server problem. I'm waiting for my VPN router to show up. My receivers at home work through NordVPN. I'll try that and update.
    I just got home from work and all is good here on 65000, no freezing at all.
    So you are saying the new power supply helped but did not fix all the freezing, just some channels?
    Have you ever tried putting your router in DMZ mode or use the port forwarding on the line to your T5?
    My router has been in DMZ for years, I wonder if it makes a difference for iks?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items HeadstonesTV

Quote Originally Posted by TK-8Banditos View Post
    I just got home from work and all is good here on 65000, no freezing at all.
    So you are saying the new power supply helped but did not fix all the freezing, just some channels?
    Have you ever tried putting your router in DMZ mode or use the port forwarding on the line to your T5?
    My router has been in DMZ for years, I wonder if it makes a difference for iks?
    I use VPN and port forwarded at home. Just port forwarded here. So I bought a Merlin router like I have at home to see if it helps.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,148x in 5,731 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassJeep
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from Bluegrasstreasure chest
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrass

At the end of the day, it boils down to the rate the stb's get/process the control words.Affected by your distance from the server (latency),server burden,card burden at the server,vpn's,firewalls,& the stb's ability to process the cw's.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Noof For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12