Thread: I'm Missing Categories

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 140x in 89 Posts

Default I'm Missing Categories

Hello and Happy New Year.

I have the original BUZZ 3000 and I've taken the updates as they are available. Last night there was an update for 2.0 (211). After the update I no longer see my "Categories" in the IPTV section, though I can go into "Organize" and select/deselect the one(s) I want shown but, nothing shows on the left side of the screen next to the channel list. Only thing that will show if chosen is the adult.

If I switch to VOD everything works as it should there. Any thoughts, maybe I'm missing something with the IPTV side of things or possibly a corrupt install? Thanks.

Cheers

Shark1959

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shark1959 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 832x in 475 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassTractor
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassTree
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassMonitor
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassCheetos
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from Bluegrass

Happy new year to you too.

I've read your query about 4 times and I cannot replicate in my mind the issue you are having. I'm not close to my unit now so that's why I'm going on memory and what you explained does not add up.

If you select the categories you want shown, yet they don't show on the left side of the screen can only mean the "hide empty category" feature is enabled, whether by default or not.

If the only category that is visible is adult then it certainly means that's the only category you have selected to be visible or the service you are using only offers adult channels. Seriously....

Are you sure you have enabled the other categories to be visible? Do they have the blue dot highlighted when you organize which ones you want to be shown? Have you done a reboot? Have you been messing with the configurations and probably forgot what you did?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maestro701 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,787x in 807 Posts
    Items PlaneVintage carCoffee makerImmunity to TheftGreeceCanadaWhiskey

Worst case, if something got corrupt, you can reset the data for the buzztv app.
    Settings->More->Apps Scroll down to system apps and locate the buzztv app. Select it, and then scroll down to Clear Data, and then back to home and relaunch buzztv app. This should ask you again for all your server info.

Sometimes it is just the cache, so before clearing DATA, you can try just Clear Cache (similar screen as clean data, just different option).

What service are you using ?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emporium For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,373x in 4,244 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski

Quote Originally Posted by Emporium View Post
    Worst case, if something got corrupt, you can reset the data for the buzztv app.
    Settings->More->Apps Scroll down to system apps and locate the buzztv app. Select it, and then scroll down to Clear Data, and then back to home and relaunch buzztv app. This should ask you again for all your server info.

Sometimes it is just the cache, so before clearing DATA, you can try just Clear Cache (similar screen as clean data, just different option).

What service are you using ?
    personally I would select uninstall updates

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nobodyspecial For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 140x in 89 Posts

Red face Success

Hi Guys;

Thanks for the quick replies.

I followed Emporium's suggestions with regards to clearing the Cache and Data. Clearing Cache didn't change anything though, clearing the Data did the trick and all my categories returned.

I may have some how unknowingly selected a setting that hid all the category sections, if that's possible.
    I did have the sliders in blue for the ones I wanted but, as mentioned in my first post, nothing showed in the IPTV for categories but did in the VOD.

I'm currently running with JoyTV which I've been told is an off shoot of Voodoo.

Thanks again, now to learn and play with the new features. Can you record to a flash drive or external HD for more space?

Cheers

Shark1959

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shark1959 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,787x in 807 Posts
    Items PlaneVintage carCoffee makerImmunity to TheftGreeceCanadaWhiskey

Glad it worked out for you.

For recording, you can select your destination locations from the PVR menu. I don't do much recording, but I ran a few tests while using a microsd card installed in the unit, and selected that as destination. Works fine as long as you use a compatible player (secondary is not compatible). I don't see why a usb flash drive or external HD would not work. That is typically the way most people would use it.