Thread: Constant audio and video drop outs.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 46x in 26 Posts

Default Constant audio and video drop outs.

I have had my Dreamlink T5 for a few years now and it has been working great. For the last few weeks, there has been an increase in audio and video dropouts and has become very annoying.

The audio and video would dropout for a second. This happens more with audio than video. The STB is connected to tv via HDMI, sound output from tv via Pioneer Home theatre receiver (HTP-074). I tried a different HDMI cable with same results.

Also, I am seeing green or red lines on the screen often. The HD board was replaced 3-4 years ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Check for any caps that may be going bad on the main board, the caps look like little cans, if the tops are bulging up or look to be domed, then your problems could be related to some of the electrolytic caps going bad.

It also could be internet related, or the service your connected to, I can't help you with that part.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 53x in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by john4848 View Post
    I have had my Dreamlink T5 for a few years now and it has been working great. For the last few weeks, there has been an increase in audio and video dropouts and has become very annoying.

The audio and video would dropout for a second. This happens more with audio than video. The STB is connected to tv via HDMI, sound output from tv via Pioneer Home theatre receiver (HTP-074). I tried a different HDMI cable with same results.

Also, I am seeing green or red lines on the screen often. The HD board was replaced 3-4 years ago.

Any help would be appreciated.
    I get that on my big tv if I try run a T5, it is the video settings on the tv...
    The T5 is 1080i but I guess my tv can't handle that setting and it is on auto so it stays on 720p but tries to switch to 1080p every once and awhile causing dropouts and red lines.
    My smaller tv can do 1080i so when I test a T5 I just do it on there, but now that I think about it I could probably change the T5 output to 720p and use it on the big tv. Try switching your T5 output and go thru the tv resolution settings, maybe you can find something that will work.
    My dreamlink T6 is 1080p and I notice a huge reduction in picture quality when I switch to a T5 that is 1080i.