I need some advice on a pretty serious decision.

I've suspected for some time now that my girlfriend has been having an affair. There have been a few signs which I think I may be taking the wrong way and wouldn't like to falsely accuse her, but the number of these little warning flags keeps increasing. She is constantly on her phone day and night, If she is not on it, it is in her hand or zipped up in her handbag which always goes with her. She may even be faking using the toilet as I am sure I have heard her having conversations in there. She started going out "with the girls" a lot recently although when I ask which girls it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them" or other such pass off lines.

I offer to pick her up but there is always an excuse and she gets a taxi. Ive always looked out for her ride coming home (which is getting later each time) but she always walks from around the corner, I can usually hear a car driving off as she walks towards our house. But if it really is a taxi, why not just get dropped off in front of the house?

Recently, I picked her iPhone up just to see what time it was and she went mental at me. screaming that I should never touch her phone again, and accused me of checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my girlfriend. I think deep down I just don't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to brave it and check on her when she got home. I decided I was going to hide behind my car on the street which would give me a view of the junction that she gets dropped at so I could see which car she was getting out of and who she was with. It was around 2:30 am when she pulled up. As I turned to look, I placed my hand on the car (onto a small patch of rust which is forming on the edge of the rear light enclosure) and watched her leave her taxi in which she was alone.

The question is, should I worry about this rust spot? Can I fix it myself? or should I take it to a garage?