Thread: signal jumping

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 2 Posts

Default signal jumping

I seem to have the same problem coming back all the time.I have a 32 inch dish with a motor and switch. I changed the lnb because the plastic protector was cooked. but that did not fix things totally. i still get a jumping signal in bad weather. it is not on all channels and seems to be limited to the h transponders. I think it might be in the wiring connections. Water getting in. just wondering if anyone has experienced this same problem

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,148x in 5,731 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassJeep
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from Bluegrasstreasure chest
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrass

Quote Originally Posted by troyd1 View Post
    I seem to have the same problem coming back all the time.I have a 32 inch dish with a motor and switch. I changed the lnb because the plastic protector was cooked. but that did not fix things totally. i still get a jumping signal in bad weather. it is not on all channels and seems to be limited to the h transponders. I think it might be in the wiring connections. Water getting in. just wondering if anyone has experienced this same problem
    Many thousands of people have had this problem.If it's weather related, look for bad cabling or moisture in switch (if it's legacy) or lnb.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Noof For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,291x in 2,137 Posts
    Items BurgerA Beertreasure chestPresentRainbowRepWireless AccessTreasure

Could also be something blocking signal, like Tree's etc. branches moving in and out making the signal go up & down

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

If the signal jumps in and out during bad weather then it also could be the tons of rain and moisture in the way of the signal, Ku band is notorious for having problems during bad weather.

One solution is a bigger dish, most HtoH Diseqc motors can handle up to a 1 meter dish without problems, some can go bigger then that.

By the time the signals get down from the satellite they are so weak that a good sized parabolic dish is the only way to pick them up, we are talking picovolts, (1 millionth of a volt) these signal have to travel 22,500 miles + before they get to you.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 275x in 181 Posts

If you have a motor why do you have a switch?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 2 Posts

I have a switch to go from ku band tv to 11200 tv. it is probably moisture somewhere as it will do it the next day after a storm also. i just thought i could narrow down the problem here

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 275x in 181 Posts

I have a switch to go from ku band tv to 11200 tv. it is probably moisture somewhere as it will do it the next day after a storm also. i just thought i could narrow down the problem here
    Oh ok, if it seems to do it more after it rains then I would check all your cables for cracks, water can seep in and cause this issue, also you can remove the switch and see if the problem still occurs.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 2 Posts

thanks. might take a while to find the problem. 2 inches of wet snow and working perfect.When i said jumping signal i meant full signal for one second and nothing right after.I do not post to often and no offense to you but some of the responses on this thread remind me why i don't

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 2 Posts

Default sorry

i re-read all the posts and they were all helpful. just telling me i got to get up on a ladder and check everything. this i knew

12. The Following User Says Thank You to troyd1 For This Useful Post: