Thread: Update issue

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 10x in 4 Posts

Default Update issue

I have a buzz xpl 3000 2018 edition. I updated my buzz tv 2 app using aptoide and got the 2.0 (233) version which was 33 mb. Knowing version 247 is out i decided to press the check for updates button and i see the app downloading another 33mb update but it never finishes downloading, it gets stuck everytime at random amounts.

Now everytime i load the buzz app it starts the download and lags the device a bit which is annoying. I have tried factory resetting, uninstalling updates, and clearing data to try and finish the download but it doesnt work.

Also the epg offset feature doesnt seem to be working for me, its stuck on current time even though i have changed it to -3 hours many times.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 815x in 466 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassTractor
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassTree
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassMonitor
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassCheetos
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 03-13-2020, 01:26 AM from Bluegrass

Quote Originally Posted by AllBlue View Post
    I have a buzz xpl 3000 2018 edition. I updated my buzz tv 2 app using aptoide and got the 2.0 (233) version which was 33 mb. Knowing version 247 is out i decided to press the check for updates button and i see the app downloading another 33mb update but it never finishes downloading, it gets stuck everytime at random amounts.

Now everytime i load the buzz app it starts the download and lags the device a bit which is annoying. I have tried factory resetting, uninstalling updates, and clearing data to try and finish the download but it doesnt work.

Also the epg offset feature doesnt seem to be working for me, its stuck on current time even though i have changed it to -3 hours many times.
    Do the factory reset again.....instead of updating the buzz app using aptoide, let the app update itself (it will pop up on the screen), then you can let it update. If it stops along the way, reboot and let it pop up again or use the check for updates feature. While updating, do not touch anything on the remote
    Peace & Love

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 10x in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro701 View Post
    Do the factory reset again.....instead of updating the buzz app using aptoide, let the app update itself (it will pop up on the screen), then you can let it update. If it stops along the way, reboot and let it pop up again or use the check for updates feature. While updating, do not touch anything on the remote
    I tried what u said. Factory reset the device again (1.6 117 right now), and just waited for the update available notification to appear, but it never did. So after about an hour i pressed the check for updates button and it showed the a new version of the app is available downloading notification at the bottom and disappeared. I waited another hour but nothing happened again. So what should i do now, this device used to update just fine before.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AllBlue For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,328x in 4,234 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski

i would update through aptoide and get up to 2.0 (233) at least

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nobodyspecial For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 10x in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    i would update through aptoide and get up to 2.0 (233) at least
    That versions epg offset doesnt seem to work for me, so im going to stay on the factory version for now

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AllBlue For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 42x in 26 Posts

That versions epg offset doesnt seem to work for me, so im going to stay on the factory version for now
    I have the same issue and sounds like a factory reset is in order for my 2 Buzz boxes and leave them at the factory files.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to redbaron1 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,328x in 4,234 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski

did you try shutting auto date and time off and setting time and timezone manually?
    Have had and set up dozens of boxes all different models and never had an issue

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nobodyspecial For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 10x in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    did you try shutting auto date and time off and setting time and timezone manually?
    Have had and set up dozens of boxes all different models and never had an issue
    Yes i tried that just now, doesn't work. The issue doesnt seem to be with the time but rather the software. When u change the video player, buffer time, info timeout u can see it change in the menu, but when i do that with the epg offset it doesn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron1 View Post
    I have the same issue and sounds like a factory reset is in order for my 2 Buzz boxes and leave them at the factory files.
    Was that with 2.0 (233) as well?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 10x in 4 Posts

UPDATE: I contacted Buzz support and they sent me a direct download link to the update. It updated my Buzz TV 2 app along with the build version of my Buzz Box. No issues now.