Thread: WIFI not working

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 129x in 83 Posts

Default WIFI not working

One of my Buzz xpl3000 will work great on Ethernet but can not find the WIFI. I have tried different things but nothing so far. It was working ok but suddenly stopped working. Anyone have this happen to them, if so were you able to get it back?

runamok is offline Visiting Dignitary/NFL WEEK 16 & 18 CHAMP
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,484x in 4,180 Posts
    Items beerWhiskeyA BeerSprint carFootballYing & yangTreeDoll

A friends did same thing a week or so back and I had him reboot modem and router then when that was booted up he powered his his buzz backup and it worked.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 129x in 83 Posts

I tried what you suggested but still not working. When I turn the Wi-Fi on in the Network area it shuts it`s self off again.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,721x in 778 Posts
    Items PlaneVintage carCoffee makerImmunity to TheftGreeceCanadaWhiskey

Quote Originally Posted by Dynas View Post
    I tried what you suggested but still not working. When I turn the Wi-Fi on in the Network area it shuts it`s self off again.
    Did you try disconnecting the Ethernet Cable, and see if it does the same ?
    I have a few boxes which will auto-disable the wifi, if you plug them in with a wire.

Which version of the xpl3000 do you have. The Android 6 or 7.1 version ?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 129x in 83 Posts

I have version 7,1 and yes I have tried it with the Ethernet disconnected, but no change.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 129x in 83 Posts

The one option I can not find is the area to shut the Ethernet off. I can only find the one for WIFI on/off.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 129x in 83 Posts

Just checked my Version on my xpl3000 and it is 7.1.2 Is there anyway to reload Ver7.1 ?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 129x in 83 Posts

Another thing I noticed is that under the Network area of Settings I do not have the Ethernet setting to turn it on or off and No VPN option as I do on my other box.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,721x in 778 Posts
    Items PlaneVintage carCoffee makerImmunity to TheftGreeceCanadaWhiskey

I'm on 7.1.2 also, and have no issues WiFi on it. There is no VPN option, all you have for hardwire connection is the first screen off the settings, which you can go into LAN settings, and define the network options.

For Wifi, if you switch it to ON, and you still don't see any SSID in the list, within 3 to 5 seconds, while it's doing it's survey, then I'd say it is defective. WiFi controller may have just failed, or the connections to the antenna may have come loose. The Antenna looks nice and hefty, but it is not a typical screw-on from what I can tell. It is directly soldered to the circuit board, unlike some boxes which have an SMA connecter solder to the board and then the antenna screws into the connector. I don't like this part of the design.

If box is under warranty, you may want to get a replacement. If not, you may want to open up and check if the antenna is still properly connected to the board.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 3 Posts

Its a bug in some of the boxes it seems depending on the version of android.

Happened with older android phones too at one point.

If its turned on and connected in a different region it well sometimes refuse to connection in a different region.

This can often be bypassed by using wps on the box and router to connect it.