Thread: Two men are stranded in a desert, dying of dehydration.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 226,960x in 18,413 Posts
    Items CanadaImmunity to Theft

Default Two men are stranded in a desert, dying of dehydration.

Finding no salvation anywhere, they kept walking, and eventually saw something on the horizon.

Initially, they thought it to be a mirage, a hallucination brought on by their dehydration. But as they got closer, it became apparent that it was not a mirage, but instead a marketplace. They decided to stop at the first stall, and ask for some water.

They arrive at the first stall, and say to the manager,

"Listen, we're going to die of dehydration if we don't get water soon. We really need some, but we have no money. However, we could pay for it in other ways. Can you give us some water, please?"

The manager replies, "No, sorry, I don't have any water. However, what I do have is this sponge cake, topped with jelly and fruit." The men decline this desert, and go to the next stall.

At the next stall, the men again ask, "Can you give us some water? We desperately need it, but can't pay for it with money. However, we can work the debt off. What do you say?"

The owner says, "Sorry, I can't do that for you, as this stall has no water to sell. However, I can offer you this sponge cake, topped with fruit and jelly." Again, the men decline the cake, and head to the next stall.

Here, they are becoming a bit frustrated, and simply sat, "Look mate, we're dying of thirst. Do you have any water for us?"

"No," says the owner. "But what I do have is this sponge cake, covered with not only fruit and jelly, but also whipped cream!"

The men go to every stall in the market, but none of them have any water for them. Yet, they are all stocked with sponge cakes, topped with jelly and fruit.

Eventually, the men make it out, and continue walking. One of them looks back, and says,

"That was a bit odd, wasn't it? A marketplace, in the middle of the desert, and yet they only had sponge cake deserts!"

"Yeah," the other said. "It's a trifle bazaar."

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Justdroppedin For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,036x in 1,728 Posts

Good thing it's Monday...we'll let it slide lol.
    You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!