Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any idea

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 388x in 180 Posts
    Items Coffee makerImmunity to TheftSome beerGreeceCanadaWhiskey

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    for how little the price is I would rather have quality and convenience and get buzzed
    I completely agree. I have my XPL3000 and love it. Not saying it is the best, since I have not tried too many of the other boxes (dreamlink, formuler, etc..). But I do have piles of generic Android boxes (including crappy old chinese generic Nex S905 based boxes, BeeLink GT1 S912 box, and even 2 Mii Box 3 units [legit AndroidTV] ). None of those boxes with any 3rd party app (stb emu, iptvsmarters, etc..) can even come close to the interface of the buzz. The closest app to give you a nice experience (UI at least), was Perfect player (which is what the original OK2 apk was based on). It has a very nice interface, but launching it takes a good 5+ minutes to load all the M3U and EPG contents. It was just too painful every time, I could not continue using it.

Even most cable or sat company STB boxes would cost you about the price of a buzztv box (or any other). But they would be limited to that service. The buzz (and others) can not only be used as nice STB for IPTV, but you can load all sorts of other Android apps on it.

Yes, if you are used to just buying cheap $40 to $60 android boxes, this may seem a little steep. But you get a great iptv experience, with amazing epg, and best of all, a company that releases regular updates, with not only security and bug fixes, but they constantly add new features.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emporium For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 611x in 294 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emporium View Post
    I completely agree. I have my XPL3000 and love it. Not saying it is the best, since I have not tried too many of the other boxes (dreamlink, formuler, etc..). But I do have piles of generic Android boxes (including crappy old chinese generic Nex S905 based boxes, BeeLink GT1 S912 box, and even 2 Mii Box 3 units [legit AndroidTV] ). None of those boxes with any 3rd party app (stb emu, iptvsmarters, etc..) can even come close to the interface of the buzz. The closest app to give you a nice experience (UI at least), was Perfect player (which is what the original OK2 apk was based on). It has a very nice interface, but launching it takes a good 5+ minutes to load all the M3U and EPG contents. It was just too painful every time, I could not continue using it.

Even most cable or sat company STB boxes would cost you about the price of a buzztv box (or any other). But they would be limited to that service. The buzz (and others) can not only be used as nice STB for IPTV, but you can load all sorts of other Android apps on it.

Yes, if you are used to just buying cheap $40 to $60 android boxes, this may seem a little steep. But you get a great iptv experience, with amazing epg, and best of all, a company that releases regular updates, with not only security and bug fixes, but they constantly add new features.
    Buzz boxs have a good GUI but based on CC prices the gap between a buzz box and a Shield are almost gone especially if they price the new shield the similar to the old one. Shields are undoubtably the achievement of what ever andriod and andriod tv is box wants to be. With Tivimate and IMplayer out now getting better and better you get your proper andriod tv OS apps and your portal access all in one box and it’s just around the corner. Don’t get me wrong I like buzz and the 3000 but times are changing and developers are really catching up. Just my opinion on what I have seen and what I have tested folks
    It's not that I'm mean, I just have a low tolerance for stupidity

4. The Following User Says Thank You to crazy carl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,557x in 2,531 Posts
    Items Sword

Let's remember we are in the buzz forum. If you want to compare iptv boxes to android the you can start a thread in the iptv forum.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12