Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10 Plus years

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,036x in 1,728 Posts

I started at Talk in 2007 then followed everyone here as this used to be the file over flow site for talk when new files were coming out...too bad we lost so many good members and staff during the transition.
    Last edited by jazzman; 12-15-2019 at 06:54 AM.
    You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jazzman For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 430x in 136 Posts
    Items Cake
Gift received at 01-17-2020, 06:23 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 01-12-2020, 02:48 AM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 01-08-2020, 05:13 PM from BluegrassYacht
Gift received at 01-08-2020, 02:11 AM from BluegrassTractor
Gift received at 12-30-2019, 11:42 PM from BluegrassCanadaDogDevil

You're making me feel as old as dirt. I started putting up 10 and 12 footers back in 83, and I wasn't a baby then. I remember playing with videocyphers then videocypher2. Then came the small dishes and a lot more playing. How time flies, and how these memories don't come back til you read a thread like this. Ahhhhhh reminiscing.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Newfygarge For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,212x in 765 Posts
    Items helicopterstreet BikeVintage truckPresentCamaro
Gift received at 06-03-2013, 01:50 AM from darlinkatImmunity to Theft

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    devious and kicken
    Kicken Chicken thanks DU that was the first site I was on for keys lol your memory is far better then mine

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burnsy For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,212x in 765 Posts
    Items helicopterstreet BikeVintage truckPresentCamaro
Gift received at 06-03-2013, 01:50 AM from darlinkatImmunity to Theft

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    LOL i remember that site i think thats were the admin was the boss?? he bounced me out so many times i was wayyyy over his head!

Ya THE BOSS I remember him he was handing out SM titles to anyone from Talk me included he was a friend of someone didn't take long to get tossed or demoted there lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to burnsy For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,991x in 1,409 Posts
    Items TreebeerCokeVintage carRadioRepCakeMonitor

Seeing this post from 2011 made me think about those great days at old talk and fix.

I always said there were words that kept me here on the site. My words especially were tannerman, Beastt32
    And Randomkeys. I came for the files but stayed for the people...

I transferred files over to fix from talk so that members could come over to a file only site.
    It was easy to grab your file and go when talk was slammed.
    Dana would sometimes copy files but not in the manner I preferred and I had to say something to him.
    He thought it was pretty funny and he said " I have not been told off so nicely before lol"

Dana was a very special friend of mine in the old talk days
    So many of us got to know Dana, especially when he came into chat in the evenings
    We knew he was very ill and he didn't sleep much because of the pain
    He wandered in one evening and we made him laugh...he was a regular after that
    The cheering up was always a guarantee when you came into chat feeling a little blue
    Charlie...luna7...jerryc...ken6638 ...TurboPirate...Kyrara..the main instigators
    luna was always blowing something up and ken had his big hammer to "fix" the unresponsive rcvr lol
    charlie with his silly scottish quizes ...he used to give me the answers
    Omg I was good at those games !!!! hehe

When Dana passed away we had a little get together in chat
    We shared our personal remembrances of our friend
    His wife Sophie was present also and was very touched by the outpouring of love for her Dana
    Dana often spoke to Sophie of his fta family and how very important we were to him
    She never really understood till then, how much we were family and how we care about our own

Anyway just sitting here thinking and remembering how special Dana was to so many
    He left his lovely wife and 3 precious boys at much too early an age

Beastt32 gone but never ever forgotten. There is a forum here on fix called 'Beastt32 house of ink' in his honor

llllllllllloooooooolllllllllllloooooooolllllllllll .... we all will remember this little trademark in his posts lol
    rip my friend

...Dee

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bluegrass For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 196x in 85 Posts
    Items HookahCrown RoyalRhinoDogElephantPinkfloydSubmarinehelicopter

Cool

My first endeavor in this started back in '87. Had moved halfway between Wash D.C.& Richmond. Couldn't get cable, antenna only gave few networks. No internet back then so after many magazine back page advertisements settled on 10 foot C-band setup. My system was installed atop my warehouse/apt. by myself . Must of lost 20 lbs climbing up & down 24' ladder putting together Orbitron C-10, Chaparral, Drake, Blakjack and getting lined up to the Clarke Belt! What a thrill being able to get crystal clear channels with my Uniden UST 9900 IRD! My favorite feature/memory of that time was the back haul feeds of CNN & networks during 1st gulf war. Watching & listening to Jeanne Moos swear like a sailor. Stewart Varney tell the story about his kids deciding to play hide & seek without informing him or the wife, prompting a call to the police thinking they were kidnapped & the ensuing embarrassment. Larry King trying to explain some ponzi scheme to a producer. Bernard Shaw asking to be taken off camera so he could smoke a cigarette, but you could hear him puffing away lol. My intro to FTA, Viewsat, the dssguy, was about 2004/2005. I remember thinking after first install of files on Viewsat Platinum, WoW there really is a free lunch! Merry Christmas Happy New Year to all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123