Thread: Tom Brady says goodbye to Patriots on social media

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,083x in 4,688 Posts
    Items Ying & yangRepCheckered FlagGolfCrown RoyalFootballGreeceCanada

Default Tom Brady says goodbye to Patriots on social media

Tom Brady said goodbye to the New England Patriots in a series of posts on Instagram on Tuesday, ending his 20-year run with the only NFL team he has ever known.
    Brady did not say which team he will sign with for the 2020 season, but he did indicate he was leaving. He officially hits the league's open market Wednesday but could reach agreement with another team Tuesday, when players and clubs can negotiate deals.
    A league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Brady has not yet made a decision on where he will play and will be exploring his options. Buccaneers general manager Jason Licht acknowledged to Schefter that he has interest in Brady and said that the two sides spoke Monday. He said there has been no conversation Tuesday and there is no deal in place.
    "We're waiting to see what Tom decides just like everybody else," Licht said.
    What Brady has decided for sure is that he's moving on.
    "Although my football journey will take place elsewhere, I appreciate everything that we have achieved and am grateful for our incredible TEAM accomplishments," he wrote on Instagram.

HTML Code:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B91dEX2hgSE/?utm_source=ig_embed
    HTML Code:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B91c4VGheUW/?utm_source=ig_embed
    Read the rest of the story here ---
    HTML Code:
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28915341/tom-brady-says-goodbye-patriots-social-media

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TLG For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,991x in 1,409 Posts
    Items TreebeerCokeVintage carRadioRepCakeMonitor

Oh goodness, my girlfriend in New Hampshire will be upset

I better phone her today and give her my sympathies lol...seriously she will be gutted
    However she has and we all have collectively, much more serious stuff to deal with right now

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bluegrass For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 224,942x in 18,222 Posts
    Items CanadaImmunity to Theft

Tom Brady didn't take long to determine his landing spot in the NFL.

The former New England Patriots quarterback agreed in principle to sign with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to NFL Network and ESPN.

The deal is believed to be worth roughly $30 million per year, according to NFL Network.
    Earlier in the day, NFL Network reported that the Los Angeles Chargers believed they are out of the running for Brady. The six-time Super Bowl champion and three-time MVP would prefer to stay on the East Coast because of "family considerations," according to the report.

Brady, who will turn 43 in August, said on Tuesday he will not return to the patriots
    and instead look elsewhere in free agency, ending his 20-year run with the organization.

"To all my teammates, coaches, executives and staff, Coach (Bill) Belichick, RKK (owner Robert Kraft) and the Kraft family and the entire organization," Brady wrote on a post to his social media channels. "I want to say thank you for the past twenty years of my life and the daily commitment to winning and creating a winning culture built on great values. ... Although my football journey will take place elsewhere, I appreciate everything that we have achieved and am grateful for our incredible TEAM accomplishments."

In Tampa, Brady would work under the guidance of coach Bruce Arians, who sharply contrasts the Patriots' Bill Belichick with his self-described "easygoing demeanor." The Buccaneers' top-ranked offense (302.8 yards per game) also returns plenty of assets, including Pro Bowl wide receivers Chris Godwin and Mike
    Evans. Arians, however, has typically favored strong-armed passers in his "no risk it, no biscuit" downfield passing attack and might need to adjust for Brady and his quick-trigger approach.

Jameis Winston, who served as the Buccaneers' starter since being selected with the No. 1 pick in the 2015 NFL draft, is a free agent.

The move is a significant splash for a franchise primarily known for its turbulent early years, in which it routinely finished with one of the league's worst records.

The Buccaneers have the NFL's second-longest active playoff drought, having not made the postseason since 2007. Since that time, Brady has won three Super Bowls and made 11 postseason appearances, missing out in 2008 when he was sidelined for the season by a torn anterior cruciate ligament.
    Tampa will host the Super Bowl in 2020 as the Buccaneers look to become the first NFL team to win the Lombardi Trophy on their home field.

Any regular-season rematch with the Patriots will not occur until 2021, when the Buccaneers are scheduled to visit Gillette Stadium.

Several other quarterback dominoes had already fallen throughout the NFL prior to Brady's decision. The Tennessee Titans, once seen as a leading contender for Brady, decided to re-sign incumbent starter Ryan Tannehill to a four-year, $118 million contract on Sunday. On Tuesday, the Colts reached a one-year pact with longtime Chargers signal-caller Philip Rivers, a person with knowledge of the move told USA TODAY Sports. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because deals cannot become official until the start of the league year on Wednesday.