Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: covid 19 The cash cow

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 105x in 29 Posts

News Flash - I just have to repeat this one more time. There are no conspiracies or hoaxes or Chinese and Russian interference. The ENTIRE world is in this **** hole. Follow the rules. Quarantine yourselves as this animal virus is simply a killer. A 17 year old died yesterday after only 3 days. This is no joke.

You have got to take the time to read this. In the Army, the first rule of warfare is to “KNOW YOUR ENEMY”. You’ll not get a better explanation of “Coronavirus” than this one - YOUR enemy! Take care and be safe.

Thank you, Leon Kirby from Johns Hopkins University

Here is a little more information on the virus that may help explain a few things that people don’t understand. This is from an immunologist at Johns Hopkins University.

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand...

It has to do with RNA sequencing.... I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

Be smart folks... acting like you’re unafraid is so not respectful of other's lives or smart right now. Everyone should act like they are carrying the virus. You can carry the virus and have no symptoms!

#flattenthecurve. Stay home folks... and share this with those that just are not catching on.
    Laughter is the Best Medicine

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LemonDrop For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,366x in 852 Posts

It is high time the world put CHINA on notice!!! Enough of your BS diseases.....!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kenkell1 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 105x in 29 Posts

On the up side of this a new Covad 19 test is about to be introduced so that just about everyone could get tested with results within the hour. This at least will set a plan for who needs to be quarantined as of course those that have the virus do not necessarily show symptoms.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LemonDrop For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDrop View Post
    On the up side of this a new Covad 19 test is about to be introduced so that just about everyone could get tested with results within the hour. This at least will set a plan for who needs to be quarantined as of course those that have the virus do not necessarily show symptoms.
    I heard this as well and is good news if in fact true. I know 4 people with this damn virus and one has been in ICU for 4 days now and is only 54 with no underlying health conditions at all. My beer buddy has a tube down his throat and his wife is freaking out understandably.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kenkell1 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 105x in 29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kenkell1 View Post
    It is high time the world put CHINA on notice!!! Enough of your BS diseases.....!!
    How about putting America on notice. They are handling it worse than Italy and Spain.

What do countries have to do with it. China cleaned it up along with Korea inside of 3 months by following the quarantines.

I would be concentrating on making sure that I lock myself up for a month.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LemonDrop For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDrop View Post
    How about putting America on notice. They are handling it worse than Italy and Spain.

What do countries have to do with it. China cleaned it up along with Korea inside of 3 months by following the quarantines.

I would be concentrating on making sure that I lock myself up for a month.
    Where did the virus come from??? Who lied about it in the first place before it was far too late??? China’s Communist Party has failed to control its narrative and now the world suffers the consequences once again. China has not got it cleaned up as new case keep popping up.I would not trust a damn thing China ever says about this vile virus! I am front line worker and know exactly what is going on. You are correct about the USA....but then they have a President that continues to defy any logic or health professionals words because he is an outright moron!....I also don't the option of locking myself up for a month
    Last edited by kenkell1; 03-26-2020 at 05:38 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kenkell1 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 105x in 29 Posts

Pointing fingers never solved any problem ever but merely added to conflict.

Do you seriously think that had the first case been discovered in America that it would have been handled better than China has/is handling it? They had to first realize that it was an animal virus that was mutating rapidly.

How Americans as well as all other infected people around the world are handling it is the only issue. No one likes to lock themselves up and deal with the things that this will create. I would rather do this than go for a dirt nap as well as understand that if I do not, I am the problem killing people world wide.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LemonDrop For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

One of the earliest known coronavirus patients was on December 10th.
    On or around December 30th a top director at Wuhan Central Hospital, posts information on WeChat about the new virus. She was reprimanded for doing so and told not to spread information about it.
    On Jan. 1st Wuhan Public Security Bureau brings in for questioning eight doctors who had posted information about the illness on WeChat.
    An official at the Hubei Provincial Health Commission orders labs, which had already determined that the novel virus was similar to SARS, to stop testing samples and to destroy existing samples.
    Shall I go on because it gets better???
    The bottom line is China is now trying to create a narrative that it's an example of how to handle this crisis when in fact its early actions led to the virus spreading around the globe that has killed thousands so far.....they are as guilty as the virus is! The USA is a whole different story....Trump is going to kill everyone there with his reckless acts of stupidity but don't worry all will be ok because he is deploying troops the Canadian border LOL.....Anyway I am done with this convo...and I just hope lessons are learned and people stay home and protect themselves and all around them. Peace …..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12