Items Dish
Gift received at 04-09-2020, 02:35 AM from BluegrassTree
Gift received at 04-09-2020, 02:35 AM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 04-09-2020, 02:34 AM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 04-09-2020, 02:34 AM from BluegrassA Beer
Gift received at 04-06-2020, 10:02 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 12-30-2019, 11:42 PM from Bluegrass

Default VPN... what to do with it?

I have a question that the experts are divided on. Was Talking to some IT guys at work and they were split as to install express VPN in the android box or the wifi router. And I did not know you can put a VPN on your router But they say you can and so does express VPN. Half the techs say best way to run VPN is on the router that way anything on your network is covered. Some vpns allow 4 pcs on 1 sub, the router you can have 500. That was from the pro router group. The non router group says putting a VPN on the router is good for security but not for speed... Let me say my speed is 65mb at full load 6 PCs and 4 androids streaming and a load test still shows 65mb so I don't need a VPN for speed so lets get that option off the table. I guess I'm asking taking the speed issue of the table what would you install the VPN on your PC and android box (need a couple of VPN to do that) or use the router cover everything.. My router I share with 2 neighbors router is on the 3rd floor of the house and does cover the surrounding houses works out we each pay 30 per month for unlimited internet.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,955x in 1,404 Posts

i dont see how you have no speed drop from a vpn, unless your computer and everything else is hardwired to the router . I have used several different ones and they all have speed drop on wifi .

But to answer your question , I would put it on the router.