Thread: Sat Meter for 72.7

hondoharry Guest

Default Sat Meter for 72.7

I read somewhere that the Birddog does not work on 72.7 because of the turbo FEC and MPEG4. Can anyone confirm that and is there a meter confirmed to work for 72.7?

fn59 Guest

I could never peak out a dish aimed at 72.7 with my Birdog. Can't speak for other meters, I also have Maxpeak meter but only used it if the Birdog batteries go low while on calls.

hondoharry Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fn59 View Post
    I could never peak out a dish aimed at 72.7 with my Birdog. Can't speak for other meters, I also have Maxpeak meter but only used it if the Birdog batteries go low while on calls.
    Are you saying you got signal but couldn't peak it or you got no signal at all?

fn59 Guest

My birdog does not read the 72.7 satellite. When I install a 1000.4 eastern arc dish, I use 61.5 to aim the dish. The receiver shows reception on the other bird (72.7, 77) but my meter shows nothing.

hondoharry Guest

How about one of those cheap inline meters getting power and TP config from a receiver. Would that work?

numen Guest

Super Buddy meter does turbo 8psk & qspk

tuyo Guest

The cheap beepers will work fine, but your receiver must be able to tune to the 8psk transponders.

Pollypurabred Guest

This is from their Birdog Plus Pdf user file.
    Note: The BirDog USB Plus is only compatible with DVB QPSK modulated carriers and will not show a lock on
    other types of modulation such as DigiCipher, DVB-S2 8PSK or turbo encoded services. When using lower
    symbol rates (less than 04000) it may take a few seconds to obtain a lock, and it will require much slower motion
    when pointing your antenna.
    Tip: Common carrier configurations can result in a multiple lock situation. For example, carriers that have an FEC
    of 5/6 and a Symbol Rate of 20000 will probably lock on multiple satellites. Where possible, look for unique Symbol
    Rates that are unlikely to be duplicated on other satellites at the defined frequency.

hondoharry Guest

So I guess the BirDog Plus ain't so plus after all.

tuyo Guest

I was never really impressed with the Birdog for the price they charge. I just got a Satheros SH-200 have not played too much with it yet, but I can confirm that it does pick-up 72.7.

tuyo Guest

I have now played around with the Satheros SH-200 searching for different satellites and using different types of LNB's (Legacy, DP, Universal) and I must say that I am quite pleased with this meter. In all cases when capturing a bird and when it has locked it has identified them correctly.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 11x in 7 Posts

i email birdog tech support and they told me they stop updating berdog 3 years ago

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,508x in 1,708 Posts
    Items Soccer
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from BluegrassYacht
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrassthe travel gnome
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from BluegrassFootball
Gift received at 10-22-2019, 12:15 AM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 10-22-2019, 12:15 AM from Bluegrass

this thread is 11 years old, about the time everything quit working