Thread: Help to understand

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Default Help to understand

I am testing with 2 T5 boxes and both have the same issues. I have 2 separate dish for 82 and 91. My channels are not staying up. I always have bad or no signal. I am connected to server and have to rescan always. Getting 92+++ signal and quality. I have removed the switch and connected 82 or 91 directly, but same issues. Could it be, i need to change the LNB's but again, when i re scan, i get the channels and would disappear next day!!!!!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,423x in 2,177 Posts
    Items BurgerA Beertreasure chestPresentRainbowRepWireless AccessTreasure

A couple things that may cause your problems
    1. Heat issues with HD Module,etc. 2. Bad power adapter (unit that plugs into wall plug)
    3. Check LNB'S, CABLING, for corrosion, etc. If you are getting bad or no signal "ERROR" Showing up on TV
    Then I would be leaning towards #2 Power Adapter is bad (especially if it is the original that came with T5)
    Couple of things you can try, take a portable fan and have it BLOWING air down through the top of Receiver (cooling)
    see if that stops the bad or no signal issue. It is process of elimination to find what is causing your issue

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auggie For This Useful Post:

Putski is offline Visiting Dignitary/ 2019 nfl week 16 champ
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,081x in 1,003 Posts
    Items Some beerHookahA BeerImmunity to Theft

Quote Originally Posted by jctin View Post
    I am testing with 2 T5 boxes and both have the same issues. I have 2 separate dish for 82 and 91. My channels are not staying up. I always have bad or no signal. I am connected to server and have to rescan always. Getting 92+++ signal and quality. I have removed the switch and connected 82 or 91 directly, but same issues. Could it be, i need to change the LNB's but again, when i re scan, i get the channels and would disappear next day!!!!!

just curious if you are close enough to the ring of fire to get the best signal?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 275x in 181 Posts

When you say you are testing "2 T5 boxes" do you mean they are both connected and in use and having this issue or are you testing them one at a time?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,364x in 4,242 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski

can you explain exactly your setup?
    you have two dishes ,one for 82? one for 91?
    switches what kind? how many? How do wires run? etc

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nobodyspecial For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by auggie View Post
    A couple things that may cause your problems
    1. Heat issues with HD Module,etc. 2. Bad power adapter (unit that plugs into wall plug)
    3. Check LNB'S, CABLING, for corrosion, etc. If you are getting bad or no signal "ERROR" Showing up on TV
    Then I would be leaning towards #2 Power Adapter is bad (especially if it is the original that came with T5)
    Couple of things you can try, take a portable fan and have it BLOWING air down through the top of Receiver (cooling)
    see if that stops the bad or no signal issue. It is process of elimination to find what is causing your issue
    Update: Indeed it was the Power Adapter. Thanks for the tip

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jctin For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,364x in 4,242 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski

Update: Indeed it was the Power Adapter. Thanks for the tip
    Please post a link to the one you purchased
    Thanks