Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nfusion HD No signal

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default Nfusion HD No signal

Ive spent like 3 hours researching with no luck and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.
    I have DPP Twin LNB on the dish... 2 lines coming.... each to a separator, then to a Bev PVR.

I unhooked one bev receiver, and removed the separator, and plugged into the LNB-IN port of the NFusionHD.
    I have to set to DPLNBF, diseqc 1.0, port 2 for 82 and port 1 for 91. Legacy switch disabled.

Can’t get any signal it seems... 18-25% on the left bar, depending on which transponder... and thats it... 0% on the right bar. (Signal works fine if i swap to bell receiver).

Any idea what could be wrong? It’s been many many years, but this NFHD unit was working when i unplugged it.
    I’m assuming theres something with the LNB or other bev receiver plugged into it? Or should this be working regardless of having a second Bev receiver plugged in on separate cable to the LNB?

-Quake

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quake_masta View Post
    Ive spent like 3 hours researching with no luck and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.
    I have DPP Twin LNB on the dish... 2 lines coming.... each to a separator, then to a Bev PVR.

I unhooked one bev receiver, and removed the separator, and plugged into the LNB-IN port of the NFusionHD.
    I have to set to DPLNBF, diseqc 1.0, port 2 for 82 and port 1 for 91. Legacy switch disabled.

Can’t get any signal it seems... 18-25% on the left bar, depending on which transponder... and thats it... 0% on the right bar. (Signal works fine if i swap to bell receiver).

Any idea what could be wrong? It’s been many many years, but this NFHD unit was working when i unplugged it.
    I’m assuming theres something with the LNB or other bev receiver plugged into it? Or should this be working regardless of having a second Bev receiver plugged in on separate cable to the LNB?

-Quake

Update: also tried with the 2nd bev receiver turned on, and also completely disconnected
    .. still no luck at all getting a signal.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 322x in 107 Posts
    Items Immunity to TheftRepMotorcycle
Gift received at 01-29-2020, 01:16 AM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 01-27-2020, 05:19 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 01-27-2020, 05:19 PM from BluegrassTree
Gift received at 01-27-2020, 05:19 PM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 01-27-2020, 05:19 PM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 01-27-2020, 05:19 PM from Bluegrass

Off the top of my head, Signals have changed.
    Have a look over at lyngsat to set you transponders to the correct polarity, frequency, & they are now mpeg 4

The Nfusion HD still works.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,209x in 1,068 Posts
    Items Toaster

@quake_masta , i DON'T even think it's possible to zer0 in anything with the NFHD , it's a liar and it DOESN'T work for picking up good true signals , it will LIE one second say have NO signal , and 5 seconds later the signal bar fills up max and you have great signal , maybe try ANOTHER set top box or signal finder or something , i always used the coolsat 4k or was it the 5k i dunno ...... anyways that box worked great at finding ALL true SIGNALS from satellite(s) .

Good luck ;D

if need setup help with dish , switches and or both .. read/learn here ~> Satellite-Hardware-Discussion-and-Pictures

or don't know what a satellite meter is ~> Satellite-Meter-Discussion

or you can always try the following below :

Code:
    https://www.dishpointer.com/
    Don't know your satellites ? Do now , info below :

Code:
    https://www.lyngsat.com/
    can you even hit these satellite(S) in your country ? info below :

Code:
    https://www.digisat.org/satellite-footprint-maps

Or .

Would you like to play a game ?

How about Global Thermonuclear War , or a Friendly Game of Chess .

Last edited by nob0dy; 01-01-2021 at 04:25 PM.
    knowledge is power , power corrupts all

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nob0dy For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 275x in 181 Posts

The Nfusion now needs a HD module to work, open up the box and see if it has one installed. Also the DDP lnb is a bit of a power-hog, it might need a Bev receiver hooked up and turned on to power the LNB. The left signal bar only indicates the receivers connection to the LNB, it should read high even when the LNB is pointed to the ground. If it's only at 18-25% then there is something up with the connection to the LNB, either wrong setting for the LNB or maybe a lack of power issue........
    Last edited by Mavrick; 01-01-2021 at 06:01 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mavrick For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

i've got the same problem. had a working setup for a couple of years, last week a little freezing only on some channels, some others had the incorrect sound, today signal was 25%, i hooked up a bev reciever, it had 100% signal, hooked up the nfusion, and same thing 25%.i did a factory reset, reinstalled the factory bin, the nfusion bin, transpoders, and channel list, and nothing. any advise would be appreciated. thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by easy b View Post
    i've got the same problem. had a working setup for a couple of years, last week a little freezing only on some channels, some others had the incorrect sound, today signal was 25%, i hooked up a bev reciever, it had 100% signal, hooked up the nfusion, and same thing 25%.i did a factory reset, reinstalled the factory bin, the nfusion bin, transpoders, and channel list, and nothing. any advise would be appreciated. thanks
    The easiest way to trouble shoot an issue like this is to take the receiver and a small tv up to the dish and connect it with a short (good) cable bypassing any switches and see if you get a signal. Also try adjusting the dish as it might have moved a bit. If still not then swap out the LNB and try again, if still no signal then it's something inside the receiver. You can then open it up and look for any swollen capacitors.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mavrick For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

i have an old bev 6131 i use for sat setup.checked signal was great on it, messed around with the nfusion, i've got the signal to 99. but somewhere along the way i must hae changed something and now i get no picture.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by easy b View Post
    i have an old bev 6131 i use for sat setup.checked signal was great on it, messed around with the nfusion, i've got the signal to 99. but somewhere along the way i must hae changed something and now i get no picture.
    The HD module might have died..........

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,405x in 413 Posts
    Items Vintage car
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 09:06 PM from BluegrassCash
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 09:06 PM from BluegrassHoho
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 09:06 PM from BluegrassCoke
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 09:06 PM from BluegrassPizza
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 09:06 PM from BluegrassBurger
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 09:06 PM from BluegrassBread box
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 09:06 PM from BluegrassTV
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 09:06 PM from Bluegrass

1000mA vs the usual 500mA so power shouldn't be much of an issue unless there is an internal problem. Using a loop out cable? And if so have you checked it to see if it has issues?

♫♫ Gone are the yesterday's ♫♫
    Tomorrow's getting cold
    And you can't turn back now

♫♫ Trapped in the words you say ♫♫
    True stories never told
    There's no escape from now

14. The Following User Says Thank You to foresight For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    The HD module might have died..........
    if the hd module dies, would i still get sd. i currently can't get either

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by foresight View Post
    1000mA vs the usual 500mA so power shouldn't be much of an issue unless there is an internal problem. Using a loop out cable? And if so have you checked it to see if it has issues?
    i am using a loop out cable and have not checked it outside of making sure that its connected. what should i be looking for. thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,405x in 413 Posts
    Items Vintage car
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 09:06 PM from BluegrassCash
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 09:06 PM from BluegrassHoho
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 09:06 PM from BluegrassCoke
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 09:06 PM from BluegrassPizza
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 09:06 PM from BluegrassBurger
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 09:06 PM from BluegrassBread box
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 09:06 PM from BluegrassTV
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 09:06 PM from Bluegrass

Look at the cable and make sure there's no stress cracks in it and it seated tightly on both ends. Some just slide on so could be a poor connection between the lnb out and the module. If you had another short piece of cable could just swap out to see if you get a signal then.

If you want to see if the stb will work on 91 without the module as a test turn the stb off with the back switch. Unhook the loop out cable from the lnb out and the module. Also probably be best to open the case and inspect and unhook the ribbon cables. A chance the ribbon cables are loose or have gone bad. Then you could power back on and see if it works on that sat without the module. Also inspect the module for discoloration which could mean it has a problem. If after all that you still are not getting anything then the module needs to be installed or it could have gone bad. One could always check the module with a multimeter as well. Just for fun I disconnected the loop out cable and lost signal on both 20000 and 21500 but I never unhooked the ribbon cables on the inside to see if it made a difference.

If memory serves the SV8000 will work with 20000 without it's module but not completely sure with the NFHD. A bit rusty on some of this.

sk900v_8psk.jpg

♫♫ Gone are the yesterday's ♫♫
    Tomorrow's getting cold
    And you can't turn back now

♫♫ Trapped in the words you say ♫♫
    True stories never told
    There's no escape from now

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foresight For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by foresight View Post
    Look at the cable and make sure there's no stress cracks in it and it seated tightly on both ends. Some just slide on so could be a poor connection between the lnb out and the module. If you had another short piece of cable could just swap out to see if you get a signal then.

If you want to see if the stb will work on 91 without the module as a test turn the stb off with the back switch. Unhook the loop out cable from the lnb out and the module. Also probably be best to open the case and inspect and unhook the ribbon cables. A chance the ribbon cables are loose or have gone bad. Then you could power back on and see if it works on that sat without the module. Also inspect the module for discoloration which could mean it has a problem. If after all that you still are not getting anything then the module needs to be installed or it could have gone bad. One could always check the module with a multimeter as well. Just for fun I disconnected the loop out cable and lost signal on both 20000 and 21500 but I never unhooked the ribbon cables on the inside to see if it made a difference.

If memory serves the SV8000 will work with 20000 without it's module but not completely sure with the NFHD. A bit rusty on some of this.

sk900v_8psk.jpg
    thanks for all the advice. i took the cover off and everything was in great shape. no bulges or discoloration. tried the reciever with the loop cable off, no signal for either bird, checked all the wires and connections in the box, and all is good. i didn't try it without the ribbons connected, or get a multi meter on it, haven't had time. replacement parts are non existant if it is the hd module, and same goes for new boxes. thanks again

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 243x in 142 Posts
    Items DishWhiskeyA BeerPresentpoisonTreasureCashRibbon 3

Easy B,

When you re-installed the bin what bin did you use? If 24 or 25 then it the wrong bin for North 27 is the correct bin.
    Last edited by jets; 05-10-2021 at 12:18 AM. Reason: edit information backward 27 is north bin.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jets For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast