Thread: T95q Box Reads Minimal Internet Speed!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 65x in 33 Posts

Default T95q Box Reads Minimal Internet Speed!

I have two T95Q media boxes that refuse to read full Internet speed I have paid for.

The internet speed I pay my local provider is 200mbps.

Using multiple apps having a speedtest tool, the most this box and the second one will read is 23 +or- mbps, hard wired with a cat6 cable, and quite less using a wireless connection where speed is as low as 3mbps to 12mbps.
    The same hardwire fed to a laptop sees the full 200mbps. Using the same Wireless source above with the laptop gives 100mbps+ speed reading.

Two other Media boxes (one being a King S922 and the other and X96) using a wireless connection (both 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz)see the 100mbps+ internet speed as the laptop did.

All boxes are 4gb/64gb.

The received wireless speeds of 3mbps - 12mbps cause major buffering on 4k content, and substantial buffering on lower resolutions.

Is/does anyone here having the same speed problem with the T95Q or maybe some pointers as to what the problem is?

thanks all in advance
    Last edited by cmangle; 02-11-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,706x in 3,254 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

It maybe the type of LAN interface used by the box, there are several, one was 10 Mbps (the oldest and not use on most equipment today) the next was 10/100, still an old standard, and now most stuff has ether a 10/100/1000 interface or just a plane gigabit (1000 Mbps) LAN port.

Now several things can slow this input speed down, one is the interface buss speed of the motherboard in the box, the read/write speed of the boxes hard drive can affect the program buffering, also how much internal RAM is onboard, the amount assigned to the input data buffers can affect the download speed.

Now don't get confused about Mbps vs MBps, Mbps is Mega Bits per second, MBps is Mega Bytes per second, a 100 Mbps LAN speed is equal to 12.5 MBps, a 1000 Mbps speed is equal to 125.5 MBps, so you can see the difference.

These are the theoretical speeds of a single LAN connection, what else is connected to the router or switch can affect the true speeds.

Now WIFI is a whole different subject.

2.5 GHz has several connection speeds, one is 802.11g, the theoretical top speed is 54 Mbps, real world is around 10 to 30 Mbps, then there is 802.11n, the top speed for this one is 300 Mbps, real world can be around 150 Mbps.

5 GHz at 802.11a is around 6 to 54 Mbps,(real world 3 to 32 Mbps) at 802.11ac you can jump up to 430 to 1.6 Mbps.(real world speeds depends on whats around at that frequency)

My new router has the 5 GHz (802.11ac) WIFI speed of about 1 Gbps, my new 4K HDTV has the same WIFI input speeds, it kicks butt with online 4K movie downloads, (no buffering) it all depends on whats at the far end.

So check the spec's on the LAN interface speed, and whats inside the box as far as motherboard buss speed and amount of RAM, this could cause the buffering if there is a bottleneck caused by poor box spec's.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post: