Thread: AweSun Remote Access software from AweRay

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 65x in 33 Posts

Default AweSun Remote Access software from AweRay

An elderly friend allowed the wrong "fictitious" Amazon representative to install "AWESUN" remote access software to his laptop. Luckily he realized something was wrong before the hacker scammer got full access.

I sent the email below to AweRay, creator of AWESUN, and got no reply.

Is anyone familiar with this software and how to remove the code attached to ANY of my elderly friends internet desktop shortcuts?

Thank you

To: contactus at aweray.com <contactus at aweray.com> Subject: hacker using AwerayAwesun
    Hello, My name is cmangle and I do computer repair.

A client of mine brought his laptop to me because an email from a Hacker/Scammer was demanding $1500 for a purchase of a 55" 4K TV from Amazon. My client does not have an Amazon account, he did not purchase a 55" TV from Amazon and he did not purchase any 55" TV from ANY SOURCE, and deleted the email from noreply at amzinninfo.com (not AMAZON).
    Amazon was called and informed of the SCAM attempt and I included the Hacker/Scammers bogus amazon help support number. 1- 800-557-0469
    That same Hacker/Scammer also initiated an installation of your AWESUN software, so he could attempt to remote access my clients machine.
    At that point ANY saved web link (most importantly his email link, OUTLOOK) on my clients page (when clicked on to connect) first displays a message indicating a pending installation of "AWESUN" remote control software. (See attached pic)
    This HAS to be connected to the Hacker/Scammer with the $1500 demand for the 55" TV, as my client had no such message prompts prior to his opening of the email from "noreply at amznninfo.com" .
    I've tried multiple methods to remove the "AWESUN" install prompt to no avail, registry search, folder deletion (none found), app removal (none found) complete HD search (None found) and a restore point to a previous date .
    The prompt to install "AWESUN" still appears first with any attempt to open a web page.
    After initiating the "Restore" function which takes time, the client took his machine home and at some point that night or next day chose "YES" (against my advice) to the "AWESUN" install query, and the second picture attached appeared. (See attached pic)
    I went into Win10 "Settings then Apps", found "AWESUN/AWERAY" chose uninstall, I then scanned the registry again for "AWESUN/AWERAY" and deleted 7 registry entries, deleted the "AWERAY" folder.
    No he's back to square one, when choosing ANY internet link (including the OUTLOOK link to check his email), he gets the "AWESUN" prompt to install "yes or No"

How do I remove your software so as to prevent the hacker/scammer from having remote access to my clients machine?

thank you

Attachment 28880Attachment 28881

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296x in 2,138 Posts
    Items BurgerA Beertreasure chestPresentRainbowRepWireless AccessTreasure

This may help: hxxps://justuseapp.com/cancel/1473929657/awesun-remote-desktop

I also found this: hxxps://sun.aweray.com/helpcenter/quickstart/uninstall-awesun
    Last edited by auggie; 02-16-2021 at 09:03 PM. Reason: more info

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auggie For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,366x in 852 Posts

I'd nuke an pave that PC .....
    Last edited by kenkell1; 02-16-2021 at 04:18 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kenkell1 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296x in 2,138 Posts
    Items BurgerA Beertreasure chestPresentRainbowRepWireless AccessTreasure

Backup, Backup, Backup, I always have Image backups for this Very thing,
    So that what KenKell1 said nuke an pave that PC, you can wipe the Drive & put it back (Image) before the bad stuff happened

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auggie For This Useful Post: