Thread: 2nd T5 box missing some channels

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 16x in 10 Posts

Question 2nd T5 box missing some channels

Hi good folks,

You have helped over the years and i'm eternally greatful so I come to you again for ur expertise please.

What would be the reason a 2nd T5 box is picking up some HD channels but not others? I copied the channel file from the 1st T5 which has all channels but some are displaying "scrambled" on the 2nd.I've tried completely shutting of T5 #1 but the problem persists.

Can someone kindly chime in?
    Thank you friends
    Last edited by forthebirds; 02-21-2021 at 03:48 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,362x in 550 Posts
    Items Surfboard
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 08:15 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 08-28-2013, 07:08 PM from darlinkat
there is water involved lolbeerCrown Royal
Gift received at 11-11-2012, 07:48 PM from Just_angel

I would not rely on the channel file as tp changes could affect the transfer. Make sure all setting are correct in lnb & switch settings and so on. Once on your sat if you get all green go ahead and scan.

Erase all ch before to negate doubles.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to surfinisfun For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 16x in 10 Posts

Thanks surf, i will do this.
    If a channel file is copied over, the box won't auto update tp's? It usually does auto update othewise tho, yes?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 16x in 10 Posts

Hi guys n gals, i've tried a few things since last post but still can't get all channels to come in
    I've made sure auto tp was on, tried a fresh scan but maybe half the channels come in on HD. If i load the channel list, only certain ones will come in. I have another t5 and a legit sub which work fine, i'm running on an SW44 switch. If I were to get an SW64, would this help? Maybe need a little more oomph? Sorry, i'm still a noob overall and appreciate ur help. Also, i can't get 91 to come in at all, only 82 locks on that box. Any suggestion fine people? 2 x t5's and a bev box on a sw44, am i pushing it? Thx for any suggestions.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,293x in 2,137 Posts
    Items BurgerA Beertreasure chestPresentRainbowRepWireless AccessTreasure

With your T5's are you sure that they are Locked on to 91/82, I would start with that, making sure your dish setup
    is pointed correctly and each Sat. you are trying to get is showing locked with the T5's, the other thing is if you are using
    DP OR DPPlus LNB's which tend to be power hogs, then you may need a power inserter with that sw44 to power all the
    equipment your using. I don't use channel lists, always do a fresh scan when needed

7. The Following User Says Thank You to auggie For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416x in 611 Posts

same issue now, i will go check the dish physically when it warms up a bit, but they just dropped no changes, may be a server issue but unsure of that. when I'm on CBC Winnipeg it suddenly changes and brings in DTOUR channel lol i go for a beer and come back and it's about ghosts and i'm like what the **k , same thing with the IPTV server i noticed. but i will go with auggies suggestions first and see if that helps

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jaybird1 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 16x in 10 Posts

I'll try the power inserter, thanks. The other boxes work great, no issues so very well could be a power issue when adding a 3rd.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to forthebirds For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

If your running 3 LNB's into an un-powered switch you may need a power inserter, if only two LNB's or a DP dual (two satellite one LNB) you might not need the power inserter.

A SW44 is for legacy LNB's (very old type) a DP44 would do better as it has it's own power inserter.....But we need to know what type/brand of LNB's (or LNB) you are using, if the old type that take 13/18 volt switching then you need the SW44, if the newer type DP or DP+ LNB's (that use Diseqc switching) then the DP 44 switch should be used.

You should only use a power inserter IF the LNB's in use total DC current draw use's more DC current then the first receiver inline can provide,(example 500 mA) adding more receivers does not add more current to the system.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 16x in 10 Posts

Thank you all, i will check on the lnb type. I have only 2lnb's hooked up to an SW-44A (what is the A for?)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to forthebirds For This Useful Post: