Thread: Covid 19 vaccination and experience

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,193x in 4,710 Posts
    Items Ying & yangRepCheckered FlagGolfCrown RoyalFootballGreeceCanada

Since we're sharing like a happy little family

I too had 2 shots of Pfizer
    I didn't feel either ,, was like nothing happened

About the anti-vaxxers ,, I truly understand their concerns but it's clear the vaccine was developed through global effort and that's what helped it's quick development

The vaccine is meant to keep people out of the hospital ,, not send them there ,, Covid does that

@thenoof --- sorry for your troubles ,, I know exactly what your going through ,, I lost my mother to blood cancer "multiple myeloma" -- she was way too young to leave at 73

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,452x in 5,798 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassJeep
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from Bluegrasstreasure chest
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrass

Love your Ma & Pa kiddies....gone before you know it.
    Of all the things I thought I knew as the absolute truth;you are a LONG time dead folks.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Noof For This Useful Post:

runamok is offline Visiting Dignitary/NFL WEEK 16 & 18 CHAMP
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,620x in 4,213 Posts
    Items beerWhiskeyA BeerSprint carFootballYing & yangTreeDoll

Quote Originally Posted by The Noof View Post
    I'm not worried about anything at all, except people not doing thier part.I don't know anyone that cheered at the opportunity to get vaccinated, & some people that were downright scared.I get that with uncertainty with the very little that we know about the vaccine.Most did it because it was the right thing to do, all failures included.I guess those people are not cowards, or afraid to do the right thing.You will feel different if someone you give a **** about dies.
    It's very true that vaccinated people die...but unvaccinated people die at an alarming rate.Better hope it doesn't come for you, or even worse that you spread the illness to others.

People have the right do what they feel safe doing.

I have never got the flu shot and never had the flu.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to runamok For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items helicopter

Quote Originally Posted by runamok View Post
    People have the right do what they feel safe doing.

I have never got the flu shot and never had the flu.
    I hope your luck continues bro.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Noof For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,900x in 3,735 Posts
    Items BurgerImmunity to TheftRibbon 4DogCheetos

During our lives most of us have been vaccinated against polio, small pox, tuberculosis, mumps, measles, chicken pox, diphtheria, tetanus, hepatitis, etc, etc. Why not add covid to the list?

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dogdayz For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,429x in 2,179 Posts
    Items BurgerA Beertreasure chestPresentRainbowRepWireless AccessTreasure

I have read/heard that they might make a covid/Flu combined yearly shot (booster)
    if so I would be first inline

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to auggie For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dogdayz View Post
    During our lives most of us have been vaccinated against polio, small pox, tuberculosis, mumps, measles, chicken pox, diphtheria, tetanus, hepatitis, etc, etc. Why not add covid to the list?

No because all but covid vaccines have been proven over the years.If nobody starts mutating I may think about it.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to runamok For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,370x in 854 Posts

Just get the damn shot and carry on with life. MRNA vaccines are nothing new. All this fake garbage about vaccines drive me crazy! 4.48 billion shots given with a very small select problems recorded...Very small!

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kenkell1 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 550x in 195 Posts
    Items the travel gnome
Gift received at 01-20-2020, 05:08 AM from BluegrassMonitor
Gift received at 01-20-2020, 05:08 AM from BluegrassCheetos
Gift received at 01-20-2020, 05:08 AM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 01-20-2020, 05:08 AM from BluegrassVintage truck
Gift received at 01-20-2020, 05:08 AM from BluegrassCamaro
Gift received at 01-20-2020, 05:08 AM from BluegrassTree
Gift received at 01-20-2020, 05:08 AM from BluegrassA Beer
Gift received at 01-20-2020, 05:08 AM from Bluegrass

Quote Originally Posted by kenkell1 View Post
    Just get the damn shot and carry on with life. MRNA vaccines are nothing new. All this fake garbage about vaccines drive me crazy! 4.48 billion shots given with a very small select problems recorded...Very small!
    except for all the other vax have been around and have had clinical trials and testing for a long time. Not sure where you missed that with this one....you are the trial, no other trials or testing were done, No thanks for now.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pennywise For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items helicopter

Quote Originally Posted by pennywise View Post
    except for all the other vax have been around and have had clinical trials and testing for a long time. Not sure where you missed that with this one....you are the trial, no other trials or testing were done, No thanks for now.
    That is certainly a good point...we ARE the testing ground.In this case, the benefits are far greater than the risks thusfar.Time will tell all.I'm am not afraid in either case.If Covid wasn't as contagious (& my mom wasn't a factor), I would have taken my chances with the illness myself,like every flu season before my mom got ill.Not an option for me, & I really don't mind having done it for the greater good.BUT Covid is VERY contagious, so I would have had the vaccine in either case.
    Last edited by The Noof; 08-11-2021 at 06:18 PM.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Noof For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I'm got the shot and could care less what anyone says. I listen to my Dr and him only. I got the shot for my Grand baby and to protect her for when she is old enough to get the shot if needed. I'm not a coward and not scared of needles. I find it outright funny when people smoke a pack of ciggies a day and then they tell me they aren't sticking that covid shot poison in them lol.....hypocrites....

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kenkell1 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,900x in 3,735 Posts
    Items BurgerImmunity to TheftRibbon 4DogCheetos

The older types of vaccines consisted of injecting you with a weakened virus of the actual disease with the hopes that your body would build immunity before you actually get the disease. Other vaccines are killed viruses or modified viruses.
    All had potential risk and needed extensive clinical testing to achieve sufficient effectiveness and acceptable safety.

The new mRNA vaccines do not involve the disease virus at all. They are basically a set of instructions given to our cells that tell them how to make a protein found in the virus. Then our immune system sees the protein doesn't belong and builds an immune response to it. When the body sees the real virus containing that protein we have hopefully built up sufficient strength in the immune system to fight it off.

mRNA is not new, it's use in vaccines has been researched for many years for influenza, rabies, zika, etc. Cancer researchers are studying mRNA to target cancer cells instead of using toxic drugs and radiation.

Fortunately we now have the science to quickly obtain the genetic sequence of the viruses allowing faster development of vaccines.

Clinical testing is still required but with enough accumulated research and knowledge the effectiveness is better assured than a more "trial and error" approach thus allowing faster development.

For an analogy - Centuries ago if you built a bridge you had guess how strong to make it and test it extensively to see how many horses could safely cross, now, after years of research we can build a bridge without testing because we have the knowledge and formulas already. A previously unknown style of bridge can safely be built by drawing on our existing engineering knowledge and quickly go into service - same applies to research in drug development.

I feel safer getting a Covid mRNA vaccine than a measles vaccine that contains live virus.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dogdayz For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I'm got the shot and could care less what anyone says. I listen to my Dr and him only. I got the shot for my Grand baby and to protect her for when she is old enough to get the shot if needed. I'm not a coward and not scared of needles. I find it outright funny when people smoke a pack of ciggies a day and then they tell me they aren't sticking that covid shot poison in them lol.....hypocrites....

Nobody is knocking what you do just don't knock what other people do.Doctors are not always right.When I went to the hospital because I could not breath one doctor said I had covid without being tested.I told him I do not and I was right.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to runamok For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by runamok View Post
    Nobody is knocking what you do just don't knock what other people do.Doctors are not always right.When I went to the hospital because I could not breath one doctor said I had covid without being tested.I told him I do not and I was right.
    It seems like the unvaxed peeps are the one whining the loudest when the country got locked down and now its going to happen again. People need to learn what herd immunity is. Without almost all being vaccinated herd immunity will never happen and it is as simple as that. Yesterday in the town I live in a guy who got a cold 3 days ago died this morning. This guy was one fit SOB as well....and I mean fit and healthy! He died from Covid19 Delta variant confirmed. He was not vaccinated and was actually a strong covid denier. Now his wife is all over telling people to get vaccinated. Every single contact trace that has come back here in the town I live in has come from unvaccinated people.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kenkell1 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

It seems like the unvaxed peeps are the one whining the loudest when the country got locked down and now its going to happen again. People need to learn what herd immunity is. Without almost all being vaccinated herd immunity will never happen and it is as simple as that. Yesterday in the town I live in a guy who got a cold 3 days ago died this morning. This guy was one fit SOB as well....and I mean fit and healthy! He died from Covid19 Delta variant confirmed. He was not vaccinated and was actually a strong covid denier. Now his wife is all over telling people to get vaccinated. Every single contact trace that has come back here in the town I live in has come from unvaccinated people.

I don't think so I never got that message.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast