Thread: Dreamlink T5 Audio drops Dolby

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 36x in 22 Posts

Default Dreamlink T5 Audio drops Dolby

Was over at neighbours and noticed right off that his audio was not right.

Checked input values on Yamaha receiver and it shows PCM.

Tried all settings on DL A/V Output Settings page. If I select SPDIF to OFF there is No audio at all, so have it ON.

The system is hooked to a Samsung TV with remote input box, that box outputs optical to Yamaha audio receiver, the DL T5 isn't using it's optical out as TV box has no input port, Samsung TV is receiving HDMI bitstream from DL T5. Tried setting Samsung TV to PCM input, no help, so back to bitstream.

Got to the point of rebooting DL T5 and then it gives the Dolby signal but if you go to a SD channel Yamaha displays PCM again, which is understandable, but if I simply select the previous HD channel that was giving Dolby, it won't work, unless I reboot again.

Silly to have to do this.

Any ideas?

Conetech

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412x in 2,174 Posts
    Items BurgerA Beertreasure chestPresentRainbowRepWireless AccessTreasure

If available set "ALL" to AC3 it is a more standard/recognizable setting for Most equipment
    and turn Dolby off on the T5. Also depends on how all the Equipment is hooked up (HDMI, Component, RCA, optical, etc.)

This may have something to do with it as well: hxxps://ca.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/av_receivers_amps/index.html
    Last edited by auggie; 01-31-2022 at 09:22 PM.