Thread: Best fta iks receiver

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Default Best fta iks receiver

Hi all I’m new to this forum, lots of GREAT info in here!! I was wondering what iks fta receiver that you would all recommend for me
    I am looking for a similar receiver as my HDPVR 830,I love the fact that I can preprogram shows to record in advance and also automatically record “new” episodes,not sure if I am asking to much from a fta receiver or not
    It was recommended that I purchase a dreamlink T5 but hard to find andI am not sure of the features
    Any input would be very appreciated
    Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,148x in 5,731 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassJeep
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassCrown Royal
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM from Bluegrasstreasure chest
Gift received at 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM from Bluegrass

The best iks stb is anyone you can find that works:getting scarcer by the day.If you have your choice, Dreamlink HD v2/T4/T5 are all good choices.Other than that I would say SV 8000 for south service is good, but not as good for north sevices.My last pick would be a Jynxbox clone.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Noof For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Noof View Post
    The best iks stb is anyone you can find that works:getting scarcer by the day.If you have your choice, Dreamlink HD v2/T4/T5 are all good choices.Other than that I would say SV 8000 for south service is good, but not as good for north sevices.My last pick would be a Jynxbox clone.
    Thanks for that info,ya I'm having a hard time finding a T5

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,293x in 2,137 Posts
    Items BurgerA Beertreasure chestPresentRainbowRepWireless AccessTreasure

No Fta Receiver is comparable to your HDPVR 830, for Function, user features, etc. Not even close
    Support is one of the Biggest things that comes to Mind, especially when No New FTA Receivers Being Made Anymore.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by auggie View Post
    No Fta Receiver is comparable to your HDPVR 830, for Function, user features, etc. Not even close
    Support is one of the Biggest things that comes to Mind, especially when No New FTA Receivers Being Made Anymore.
    Yes the receivers have evolved big time since my dad used to sell them back in the early 80’s. Big 8’ solid dish with a receiver the size of a bread box lol, still remember changing the switch on the back from odd to even channels and going out in the Winter to change satellite positions, o boy thinks have changed
    Thanks for the info

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Valleya For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 243x in 142 Posts
    Items DishWhiskeyA BeerPresentpoisonTreasureCashRibbon 3

What is the HDPVR 830? It does IKS, does it have Turbo mode? Never heard of that one.

Another two are first, VS Max, then the VS900HD. But like other FTA hard to find. Of the VS units you need a router/PC running xx-client.