Thread: Thinking of upgrading reciever....

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 751x in 313 Posts

Default Thinking of upgrading reciever....

My dm900 clone has always had a problem with freezing up intermittently and needing to be power cycled. Annoying since I'm usually in another part of the house attempting to stream from it.

I hooked up a V8 Pro 2 I have here and it's nice not having to **** with keys but the user interface is clunky and as far as I know there is no way to stream to another tv. I can stream to my phone via the app but even that is a pixelated mess where the dm900 streams a fine picture when it's working.

I was kicking around the V8UHD but without a way to stream to other tv's it's a no-go for me.

So I'm looking up other E2 receivers and there's only a few that catch my eye without breaking the bank needlessly. Octagon SF8008, the various Zgemma models and maybe even the Dinobot 4k but not sure if that's Linux or Android. Has to have dual s2x inputs and has to run oscam of course. Boot time of my dm900 is under 20 seconds probably but boot time only an issue when it needs to be booted continually lol.

So what are your recommendations and feel free to correct me where I may have misstated something.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 521x in 311 Posts
    Items Some beer
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:59 AM from BluegrassTree
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:59 AM from BluegrassACDC
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:59 AM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:59 AM from BluegrassPlane
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:53 AM from BluegrassImmunity to Theft

Not sure if being a clone has anything to do with it, but the freezing reboot issue for me and my dreambox was the image. I tried almost all until I found dream elite. It's lacking in many ways, however for a solid image that doesn't freeze and will stream to my phone with no issue I stayed with that image.
    For the other things I wanted like iptv etc I picked up a formuler z10 and it has filled in the gaps of those things I couldn't get out of the dm900.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I went through all that at one point, not doing it again. And I AM running Dream Elite. The box would run sometimes for up to two weeks then freeze. Other times I could reboot it and it will fail again later that day. I'm going to get a small fan to put on the cpu heatsink but I have doubts that will help.

Did you find yours would freeze with green screen then reboot ? That IS a software issue. Mine only ever freezes by hanging, no green screen and no auto-reboot I have to use the switch on the back or cycle the power.

Who still sells receivers in NA ? My options are limited even with AliExpress for some reason may of their units don't ship to either the US or Canada.
    Last edited by zayden; 07-15-2022 at 02:57 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 521x in 311 Posts
    Items Some beer
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:59 AM from BluegrassTree
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:59 AM from BluegrassACDC
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:59 AM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:59 AM from BluegrassPlane
Gift received at 01-05-2020, 02:53 AM from BluegrassImmunity to Theft

Very reminiscent of heat or clone problems then. I had a clone that did that and honestly the early dm900 were ****. I sent a stack back to Germany, had to write in german to get them back and call only to get them back and half of them failed fairly quickly.

There is a dealer from Germany you need to use that sells genuine boxes. My first batches came from Portugal and the dealer was no help at all.

Here try here. Looks like dm now uses Bluetooth for extended range of commands by remote or maybe device

hxxps://www.hm-sat-shop.de/

Last and not to brag I have de 6 on genuine dm900
    Never freezes at all ever.
    Last edited by lemme; 07-16-2022 at 02:47 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

That's what I'm running but of course the drivers are ancient and the software is from 2020 iirc ?

I had a guy tell me to get the ferrari sim or whatever it's called. Said with that I could update the drivers and run the latest software.

Don't think it's related to heat. Though it has frozen on me while I'm using it most times it's powered down and I only find out it froze up when I go to use it. Who knows maybe it is a driver bug causing the freezing.

Anyway life's too short to keep tracking down the issue and/or throw more money at it need to move on.

Where does everyone buy their receivers from ? Is there a place here in NA still or is everyone buying from Ali ?