Thread: dis eq switch

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 3 Posts

Default dis eq switch

how can you feed 2 boxes if each have their own line rg6 from 1 cband dish. will a diseq switch work also if i run 1 box @ a time.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

If your receivers support Diseqc switching then no problems, but if the receivers have their own coax from the dish then why would you need to use a switch???

How many outputs on the "C" band LNB?? and are they independent of each other?? (can be controlled independently from each receiver) What brand/model LNB do you have on that dish??

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 3 Posts

boxes support diseq but my chap. lnb has only 1 out put thats why i wanted to know if i could use diseq ihave 4 different boxes available

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Ok there may be problems with using a Diseqc switch on a single output LNB, a Diseqc switch only switches to an input from an LNB (2 to 8 inputs from 1 or more LNB's) then a single output to one receiver.

So with only one output on the LNB you cant run extra receivers, to use a switch you would have to upgrade the LNB on the dish to a dual or quad output type, then you can use a satellite switch to run 2 or more receivers.

To do this you would need a multi switch, something like this.
    Code:
    https://www.solidsignal.com/lava-3208-3x8-dtv-multi-switch-3208?quantity=1&page=3
    And a new "C" band dual output LNB, one like this.
    Code:
    https://www.amazon.com/Titanium-Satellite-C238-5g-Interference-3800-4200MHz/dp/B09PTCXLCW?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A1KW30NALXWOQJ
    You see trying to run more then one receiver on a single output LNB is not possible as the two receivers would fight for control of the LNB, as the receiver uses a DC voltage to switch between the transponder polarity's, with a dual output LNB run into a switch like I posted above there would be no conflicts.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 3 Posts

but what if i used 1 box @ a time or could i just use a splitter if i use 1 box @ a time would i lose signal boxes in different rooms

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

A splitter will not work as each receiver used needs to control the LNB polarity's.

One coax from the LNB will only allow you to use one satellite transponder polarity (horizontal or vertical) at a time, using a splitter will confuse things, it also will not allow the second receiver to pass the DC control voltage to the LNB.

On a standard satellite receiver and LNB system there at two DC voltages used, one is +13 volts DC this will tell the LNB to switch to all Vertical transponders on that satellite, the other voltage is +18 volts DC this will tell the LNB to switch to all Horizontal transponders on that satellite, on a single output LNB you cant have both voltages on at the same time, this would occur if two or more receivers were someway connected to one LNB output.

So to prevent this problem you need a dual output LNB, and a multi switch to connect more then one receiver to the LNB, using the multi switch allows the receiver to select any transponder polarity as the dual LNB supplies both to the switch as the outputs are independent from each other.

On some dual output LNB's the outputs are sometimes labeled as HI and LOW, and are run to the multi switch as labeled.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 3 Posts

ok thxs ii have my answer have a nice day