Thread: 2stroke and lawnmowers

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,275x in 581 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 12-16-2012, 02:10 PM from hope32Crown Royal
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 10:31 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 10-01-2012, 03:33 PM from clarkBENT

OK, did the 5 minutes test and Ryobi over heated, I guess is adapted to the marine oil, it never over heated, but the new equipment will be running the proper oil.
    There is no way to Peace, Peace is the way. Author: A.J. Muste
    There are no stupid questions, only stupids that don't ask....

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,462x in 1,065 Posts

I have to admit that I use the same gas/oil for every 2 stroke appliance I operate (32
    ;1)- to be fair I only do my own back yard,,, lol the tractor (4 stroke) is runnin on synthetic. The ryobi trimmer isn't complaining to-date ( knock on wood)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StanW For This Useful Post:

1boxman Guest

Ya white not good on a 2 stroke....If real white...take a magnifying glass...you mite see aluminum . But any crap in crab or main jet...will lean it to..I put a bit of stabilizer in mine or a fuel cleaner....just keep the small ports cleaned out .
    Last edited by TurboPirate; 07-10-2010 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Oops I hit the wrong button.

1boxman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by StanW View Post
    I have to admit that I use the same gas/oil for every 2 stroke appliance I operate (32
    ;1)- to be fair I only do my own back yard,,, lol the tractor (4 stroke) is runnin on synthetic. The ryobi trimmer isn't complaining to-date ( knock on wood)
    Ya I think most are about that ..some stihls are 50:1...better transfer ports and the way the oil is trapped .

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,275x in 581 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 12-16-2012, 02:10 PM from hope32Crown Royal
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 10:31 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 10-01-2012, 03:33 PM from clarkBENT

Quote Originally Posted by 1boxman View Post
    Ya white not good on a 2 stroke....If real white...take a magnifying glass...you mite see aluminum . But any crap in crab or main jet...will lean it to..I put a bit of stabilizer in mine or a fuel cleaner....just keep the small ports cleaned out .
    I always use Stabil in all my gas tanks...............the new Stabil says it has carb cleaner in it already...............................
    Well it over heated but spark plug didn't come out white this time, more brownish I removed the muffler to see the walls nothing busted yet.
    Last edited by TurboPirate; 07-10-2010 at 02:11 AM.
    There is no way to Peace, Peace is the way. Author: A.J. Muste
    There are no stupid questions, only stupids that don't ask....

1boxman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TurboPirate View Post
    I always use Stabil in all my gas tanks...............the new Stabil says it has carb cleaner in it already...............................
    Well it over heated but spark plug didn't come out white this time, more brownish I removed the muffler to see the walls nothing busted yet.
    Right on....if you look at top of piston threw plug hole....put piston to bottom and take a small LED light ..should beable to see...look at piston near exhausted port....usually the piston well melt first... than ring will stick because of top ring lance melting ...But they will take a lot ...but once it hit the the yelled point...depend on cast ...1300 to 1400 .....china syndrome...You know...

Good test .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123