Thread: Jumping in!!!!

Night Prowler Guest

Default Jumping in!!!!

Since we have water here.......Niagara River...Lake Erie....Lake Ontario.....even the Erie Canal......not to mention other water ways......been thinking about getting a boat for the past few years......and can came across a steal!!!

1986 Wellcraft 23 Nova XL.......350 ci motor/Alpha 1 Merc outdrive......came with the dual axle trailer....and a Lowrance X87 fishfinder........for a mere $1500........

Yes....went through it with a fine tooth comb and a friend....checked the transom and stringers....Solid!! Motor was rebuilt last year w/ 50 hrs. on it.......

Sad Part......it was stored over the winter uncovered and needs massive cleaning and buffing......only mechanical work needed is replacing all the bellows......$150-$175 Transom service kit.....

Grab the Beer and let's go boating!!!!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,900x in 1,014 Posts
    Items the travel gnomeBurger
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:18 AM from ICEMANRainbow
Gift received at 10-18-2012, 06:29 PM from darlinkat
Gift received at 10-18-2012, 06:29 PM from darlinkat

Quote Originally Posted by Night Prowler View Post
    Since we have water here.......Niagara River...Lake Erie....Lake Ontario.....even the Erie Canal......not to mention other water ways......been thinking about getting a boat for the past few years......and can came across a steal!!!

1986 Wellcraft 23 Nova XL.......350 ci motor/Alpha 1 Merc outdrive......came with the dual axle trailer....and a Lowrance X87 fishfinder........for a mere $1500........

Yes....went through it with a fine tooth comb and a friend....checked the transom and stringers....Solid!! Motor was rebuilt last year w/ 50 hrs. on it.......

Sad Part......it was stored over the winter uncovered and needs massive cleaning and buffing......only mechanical work needed is replacing all the bellows......$150-$175 Transom service kit.....

Grab the Beer and let's go boating!!!!
    Im on my way
    Why cant I find deals like that My neighbor at the lake got a 32' 2002 trailer with a big slide all oak inside for $1300 it has a little fire damage on a bit of the fiberglass but nothing to fix up
    Please do not PM me with questions that can be asked in open forums

Night Prowler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pugsycan View Post
    Im on my way
    Why cant I find deals like that My neighbor at the lake got a 32' 2002 trailer with a big slide all oak inside for $1300 it has a little fire damage on a bit of the fiberglass but nothing to fix up
    Gotta get out there and mingle......and keep covered up..no speedos....or they won't talk to ya......

The hardest part is waiting for a deal.....

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,462x in 1,065 Posts

That sounds like one heck of a deal NP - some ppl were born with a horseshoe up their xxx .lol

Night Prowler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by StanW View Post
    That sounds like one heck of a deal NP - some ppl were born with a horseshoe up their xxx .lol
    Don't know about the horseshoe.......but I did hook it up to the truck and hauled butt before they changed their minds.......

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,462x in 1,065 Posts

The trailer alone, in good condition , is worth what you paid for the whole setup.. now save up your money for gas - adds up fast , especially if floppy takes a fancy to wakeboarding