Thread: Volvo 850 con problemas de encendido.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 21x in 12 Posts

Default Volvo 850 con problemas de encendido.

El tipico problema de relay de la bomba de gasolina, aqui un tip pata resolver dicho problema.

Thanks to Ozark Lee I located the problem !!!!
    by guy200 » 08 Dec 2006, 22:36

Hi everybody,
    Just wanted you to know, that thanks to Lee I found the problem. It was indeed the #103 relay that gone bad! I even managed to fix it. Here is what you need to do if you have the same problem:
    1. Pop the cover off and carefully examine the little circuit board.
    2. Look around every solder connection, especially the larger components and
    terminals for tiny hairline crack that forms a circle right where the solder meets the component lead.
    3. If you locate one, simply flow some fresh rosin-core solder from a decent hot soldering iron into the joint and resolder it. It's probably a good idea to resolder everything once you are in there, as there aren't that many joints.
    4. Look for bad contacts on the relay part itself, intermittent (open) relay coil, or intermittent component failure. (Junction breakdown on a Transistor, etc)
    5. while you are in there, Replace the capacitors. This is extremely important. The capacitors in my case were the problem. They became temp sensitive and simply stop performing in low temp. After I replaced them and reinstalled the relay the engine starts great!!!

Toda esta informacion la pueden ver en:

Code:
    http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=31037
    Aqui pueden ustedes seguir una pequeña guia de como reemplazar los componentes que se consideran afectan el buen funcionamiento del auto.

Code:
    http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=32573
    Last edited by kiryjuan; 07-30-2010 at 09:25 PM.