Thread: 67w amc-4 (ge-4)

simcha Guest

Default 67w amc-4 (ge-4)

I think i am pointing 67W AMC-4 (GE-4) does anyone know if there is true fta on it? Also my nfusion sol says no net id... so i cant really tell if im pointing at 67 it is not in the list of sats. Is there a way to add 67 and find out all the setiings for it in setup? using it unplugged from internet.. for true fta??? if any?

Silverado Guest

AMC-4 has just moved to that location from 101.0 position, which was taken over by SES-1. There are no channels on AMC-4 as of yet.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 585x in 169 Posts
    Items Monitor
Gift received at 10-03-2012, 01:15 PM from ICEMAN

Quote Originally Posted by simcha View Post
    I think i am pointing 67W AMC-4 (GE-4) does anyone know if there is true fta on it? Also my nfusion sol says no net id... so i cant really tell if im pointing at 67 it is not in the list of sats. Is there a way to add 67 and find out all the setiings for it in setup? using it unplugged from internet.. for true fta??? if any?
    The nfusion is very user unfriendly for FTA, sorry but you cannot add positions. Like Silverado, I don't know of any info on that sat yet.

& It does not need plugged in to the Internet for FTA
    Toys include:
    1. 36” Motorized GeoSat w/DMX522
    1. 48” Motorized ASC Signal DMX522
    1. 10' Unimesh 18” actuator DMX741
    1. 10' Unimesh 18” actuator DMX741U
    1. 10' (no name solid) used as a solar collector

audi2005 Guest

amc 4 is on 101 w and am still waching best fta ic 97 w g25 over 130 fta channels

mydish Guest

Quote Originally Posted by audi2005 View Post
    amc 4 is on 101 w and am still waching best fta ic 97 w g25 over 130 fta channels
    As mentioned above, and listed on a variety of satellite information websites, AMC4 is now located at 67W, but is not currently transmitting any signal. The channels that were carried at 101W have been taken over (seamlessly) by SES1.

If you are planning to view AMC4 Ku-band in Canada, I'm afraid you may be out of luck, unless you have a reeeeeeeally big dish (450cm). The beams have been adjusted for NA only. It has also been divided into two transmission beams - one (KNTH) carrying the Horizontal signal, and one (KNTV) carrying the Vertical signal.

The SA and C-band beams have received similar treatment.

Hope this helps

trommy Guest

The last time I checked,Canada was in NA(no sarcasim intended).Most of Canada exists just north of the US border thus usually (I think!) we can use dishes about the same size as those in the northern states.IE:I can get 63W on a SC 26x36" dish.That's interesting about the beams.Does the "KNT" mean anything? Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

KNT (H/V) K= Ku, N= North America, T= Transmit, (V/H = Vertical/Horizontal)

KST (H/V) K= Ku, S= South America, T= Transmit, (V/H = Vertical/Horizontal)

And here is a foot print map for that bird.

Code:
    http://www.satbeams.com/footprints?norad=25954
    As you can see most of the Great lakes Central region and to the North and East is now out of its beam, so is most of Canada, BC has good signal coverage.
    Last edited by Terryl; 08-24-2010 at 06:34 PM.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

mydish Guest

Quote Originally Posted by trommy View Post
    The last time I checked,Canada was in NA(no sarcasim intended).Most of Canada exists just north of the US border thus usually (I think!) we can use dishes about the same size as those in the northern states.IE:I can get 63W on a SC 26x36" dish.That's interesting about the beams.Does the "KNT" mean anything? Thanks
    As you can see from the footprints, they have been deliberately focused to exclude the majority of Canada. Even those areas included will have to have some extreme equipment to pull in the signals.

As to Canada being in NA, I agree. But I believe that the provider is using N in their identifier (KNTV) to distinguish it from their southerly beam configuration, and not to identify the continent. The NA in my post was for the northern part of the US, and not intended to describe the North American continent.

Sorry for any confusion, trommy.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Anyone scan any channels for AMC-4 at that new location yet?

I would like to add a new location (old bird) to the list but none of the old AMC-4 channels come up, wonder if they are TX'ing anything yet?

"If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

mydish Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Terryl View Post
    Anyone scan any channels for AMC-4 at that new location yet?

I would like to add a new location (old bird) to the list but none of the old AMC-4 channels come up, wonder if they are TX'ing anything yet?
    All indications are no, not yet. I tried a couple of TPs last night, but no luck. Satbeams is usually right on top of that, and they have nothing listed yet.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Anyone scan channels from this bird in BC ?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

You can check the footprint to see if you can get this bird at your location. (see link below)

Code:
    http://www.satbeams.com/footprints?norad=25954
    What to do is to zoom into your location on the map, then click on it, this will give you the estimated dish size needed at your location. (if your within it foot print)

"Can you HIDE it"?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post: