Thread: PS3 disk upgrade

sanshaloo Guest

Default PS3 disk upgrade

Other day I was browsing at a electronics store and found a laptop (2.5" inch) 1TB drive. Can this be used in PS3 disk upgrade ? Has anyone upgraded the disk to 1TB ?

alamakluke Guest

I know this post is old but I thought I would reply to this post. I just upgraded my 40GB PS3 with a 250GB HDD. I read on many forums that my original 40GB PS3 does not support any HDD bigger then 250GB so I guess it all depends on which model of PS3 you have.

charlesk Guest

I have a slim ps3 and i just upgrade the hard drive for a SATA 2.5'' 500gb and is working great with no problem.
    Last edited by charlesk; 02-15-2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: removed live link and how to video.Not allowed

USDJ Guest

Most SATA drives will work. I did 500GB no problem. Very easy upgrade to do but make sure you backup your old drive just in case. You'll love the added HD room for games and movies.

Quote Originally Posted by sanshaloo View Post
    Other day I was browsing at a electronics store and found a laptop (2.5" inch) 1TB drive. Can this be used in PS3 disk upgrade ? Has anyone upgraded the disk to 1TB ?

Darknight23 Guest

do 7200rpm drives work with the ps3 and also is there any worry about heat issues?

kidhandyman Guest

I had a buddy who tried a 7200rpm drive and it caught fire within minutes, it was funny as hell to me but he was real sad... so try at your own risk!

angelrph1 Guest

i try it but dont't work on ps3 40gb fat