Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kill Ants----naturally

profit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
    He`s a yellow Lab---loves to chase anything that will run---only lost once that I know of. To a skunk, LOL it took 4 giant cans of tomato juice and a bottle of herbal essence to get rid of the smell LMAO.
    Did that tomato juice and the herbal essence take the stink away?

I must remember this home made aftershave for the dog, Yellow Labs
    are very intelltgent. I like them.

The Cobra Guest

Quote Originally Posted by profit View Post
    Did that tomato juice and the herbal essence take the stink away?

I must remember this home made aftershave for the dog, Yellow Labs
    are very intelltgent. I like them.
    Yeah, the tomato juice did the trick all right. Took 4 baths with it tho and had to let it soak on him each time. I used my neighbors kids toddler swimming pool to do it.
    Smart?---not this one, he`s as dumb as a post except for the stuff HE wants AKA treats. I`ve had 3 Blacks and 2 yellows in my lifetime---the blacks were much smarter---at least that`s my take on it. I`ve heard that before but I didn`t believe it----but the proof is in the pudding as they say and I`ve trained them all the same and they were all the same bloodline. He`s still a beauty tho---I`d pity the fool that tried to get in here---he may get in but he won`t get out intact LOL

Satadam Guest

Killing Ants-------Naturally

This year I had a problem with carpenter ants infesting my garage. Being that the Province of Ontario has determined that I and every other homeowner are too stupid to mix pesticides and weed killers properly they only let "the pros" service our yards-----LOL that`ll be the day. An old farmer friend of mine passed this info to me so I`ll pass it on to you. I took a few spoonfuls of corn meal and put it in several spots around my driveway and garage-----in 3 days I had no ant to be found. It seems the corn meal when eaten and taken back to their nest causes massive gas attacks in ants------ants can`t fart. They die shortly after they eat it.And it works !!!
    Are you say this cornmeal will work on "" fire ants "" too .

The Cobra Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Satadam View Post

I don`t see why not-------get the little sobs cause they knawed the crap out of my arm removing a stump a few weeks ago---itch lasted 5 weeks. I got pissed, poured gas on the stump and in a circle around it and set it on fire---who`s laughing now. little bas----ds. Let us know what happens --with the carpenter ants it took about 4 days after putting out the meal before they disappeared---so far none back yet.

kaysar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by profit View Post
    Thank Cobra, good tip. Have you got one for the cats? there defecating
    and urinating in my gardens, and it stinks. I have tryed the commercial stuf

but had no luck .
    Had the same problem Profit. My wife went to the local pet store and bought this thing called "Stay Away". It is a motion sensor stuck on a can of compressed air. It either beeps to scare the cats away or sprays compressed air at them to scare them. It worked great the first day but on day two the cats were using it as a hair dryer! My wife wont let me use the 12 gauge either! The week after she went out of town for a few days on a course, I decided to try something else. I modified the "Stay Away" motion sensor portion on to my can of bear spray. WALA!!! No more cats in my garden! As a added bonus, the neighbourhood delinquents have quit jumping my fence and screwing with my things!!

The Cobra Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kaysar View Post
    Had the same problem Profit. My wife went to the local pet store and bought this thing called "Stay Away". It is a motion sensor stuck on a can of compressed air. It either beeps to scare the cats away or sprays compressed air at them to scare them. It worked great the first day but on day two the cats were using it as a hair dryer! My wife wont let me use the 12 gauge either! The week after she went out of town for a few days on a course, I decided to try something else. I modified the "Stay Away" motion sensor portion on to my can of bear spray. WALA!!! No more cats in my garden! As a added bonus, the neighbourhood delinquents have quit jumping my fence and screwing with my things!!
    LMAO-------Bingo... sounds like you let the little sob`s know just who`s yard they`re screwing with---great idea pal.

onslo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Satadam View Post

Wondering...... will this also work on sugar ants, one of the smallest ants around
    Last edited by onslo; 09-26-2010 at 08:44 AM. Reason: spelling

seahappy Guest

Using a Garden hand sprayer with Dawn dish Deg. mix (mix with water with enough Dawn that it has good color) spray down entery holes will kill and make most types of Ants gone !!!

profit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kaysar View Post
    Thanks Kaysar I will give this a try.

kaysar Guest

Profit, If your wife did not warm to the shotgun idea she will not like this idea either. REMEMBER, this only for when the wife is gone. If you want a more "PET LOVER FREINDLY" idea go to a hardware store and pick up a "Scarecrow" sprinkler. It also has a motion sensor on it and turns on when it detects motion. Farmers use the to keep the deer out of their gardens or hay stacks. The wife bought one after her "Spray Away" got mysteriously plugged and quit working. I have some great "Scarecrow" mods in mind for me and assistant(12 pack of beer) when the wife goes on her next course.

The Cobra Guest

Just another thought Profit----now that fall is here and we probably are closing our C/A for the season you may want to do a quick disconnect. Run the 10/2 line into the garden and turn on a soaker hose and turn on the power. No more cats---and their ashes will be great for the soil. Again, make sure your wife isn`t home------unless? nevermind! LMAO

note----don`t actually do this!!!!

timc1 Guest

Yeah, the tomato juice did the trick all right. Took 4 baths with it tho and had to let it soak on him each time. I used my neighbors kids toddler swimming pool to do it.
    Smart?---not this one, he`s as dumb as a post except for the stuff HE wants AKA treats. I`ve had 3 Blacks and 2 yellows in my lifetime---the blacks were much smarter---at least that`s my take on it. I`ve heard that before but I didn`t believe it----but the proof is in the pudding as they say and I`ve trained them all the same and they were all the same bloodline. He`s still a beauty tho---I`d pity the fool that tried to get in here---he may get in but he won`t get out intact LOL
    Our dog does the same chases anything that moves and had been sprayed a few times.Skunk spray seems to be greasy and one of the best things to cut grease is dish soap .We have used it many times and it's cheaper then tomato juice.But use the good stuff not watered down no name stuff.Oh and thanks for the ant killing remedy i am going to try this next year because they are a big pain in the **s.Many times we had to through stuff away mainly cereal.Now we just keep it in the fridge.We have also a few spots around the house where they have ate at the framing of the house and just made a mess.Man country and farm's suck if it ain't the ants it's the rats.
    Last edited by timc1; 09-29-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: added

The Cobra Guest

Quote Originally Posted by timc1 View Post
    Our dog does the same chases anything that moves and had been sprayed a few times.Skunk spray seems to be greasy and one of the best things to cut grease is dish soap .We have used it many times and it's cheaper then tomato juice.But use the good stuff not watered down no name stuff.Oh and thanks for the ant killing remedy i am going to try this next year because they are a big pain in the **s.Many times we had to through stuff away mainly cereal.Now we just keep it in the fridge.We have also a few spots around the house where they have ate at the framing of the house and just made a mess.Man country and farm's suck if it ain't the ants it's the rats.
    Yeah, they can make a shambles out of a nice house in a hurry if you don`t kill the nest. Just a note---some people that burn wood in the winter store the logs against the side of the house or in the garage. Bad move, ants love it and the next thing you know they set up house and start on the framing. Since I found out about the corn meal about every month or so I put a few piles around the house and haven`t seen an ant for quite a while---takes about a week before they disappear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12