Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: magic jack

billhiggs Guest

Default magic jack

are there any magic jack users? if so what your experience? thinking of getting one but thought I would ask before running out and buying one

sassy1 Guest

Default magicJack

I have one only problem i have is the internet has to be fast...or else it breaks up really bad, had it now for almost 2 years and don't use it anymore, i have micro wave internet here... they call it high speed but its not really...I switched to Vonage much better on slow internet
    hope that helps

good luck

georgemac9653 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by billhiggs View Post
    are there any magic jack users? if so what your experience? thinking of getting one but thought I would ask before running out and buying one
    georgemac9653 I used the magic jack and I think is good and the way to go I used mine a lot

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Mine seems to work very well. I've got a cable modem well right now. Been having some issues with vista and staying connected to the internet. But as long as you have a good connection works as good as a land line imo.

barry_allen Guest

we have one here in Canada and sent one to in-laws in UK.

we rarely use it as they can call over here to our landline with theirs.

but i still use mine for long distance in north america and think it works great.

billhiggs Guest

my internet has a sustained speed of 110 k or mosre is that sufficient?

Thanks

Le_Gnome Guest

Overall the product works well.

Doesn't like the call in function, on DN sub receivers. But works enough to keep the $5 charge from being applied if you don't have a phone hooked up.

I have one at work for customers to use, keeps me from getting dinged for long distance charges.

My better half takes one with her and a very small handset, for calling home when out of town working or in another country. Saves on long distance charges to call North America.

That MJ is registered in NA so it would be a local call when taken anywhere else in the world.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 40x in 11 Posts

I use majic jack on cable if you have a good high speed connection it is the way to go. My only problem with them is after a year it is hard to renew the majic jack, my guess is to sell more majic jack. Either way it is worth it in my opinion.

Mr Hanky Guest

Mine expired after the first year,with the on screen logo,I updated it via credit card in seconds,and had a dial tone within 2 minutes.For the price and the value,its amazing.

GYU84 Guest

I use it as a fax pick up. and call out Long distance.
    works 90% of time, sometimes have to restart it.

daryl1964 Guest

MJ Rocks,high speed internet and the faster the computer the better, if you have the means hook up a computer just for the Magicjack, as for overseas calls use a long distance card (I use chi chi) around the holidays ie Christmas the airwaves get allitle busy and you can get a Canadian prefix for $40, best invention since sliced bread.

timc1 Guest

Yep i have one with a Canadian # and it works really well and have no complaints but i was using one with an American #and i found it did not works as good.

fred0242 Guest

Arrow

I`m in the USA have had my MJ 1 1/2 years now and it work pretty good for the 19.95 per year , only problem is dialing in my own prefix sometimes it dosn`t work but for the most part cant beat the price

oreile Guest

I had one for one and a half years.
    It burned out after four months and they replace it after chatting on line for four hours.
    Two months ago it burned again and after a few hours on line chatting they said they had to charge me for the replacement and i declined not to pay for it and i am not with them any more due to the fact i had often a bad echo reception that the people on the other line could not hear me.
    For me Magic Jack is Majic Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! not worth it.

wrangler Guest

The downside with MJ is it doesn't fax very well. You have to slow your fax speed down if your unit has that option. I went with Net Talk which is $100.00 but never needs renewed and runs a fax with no problems. Just google VOiP and make a choice.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast