Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: magic jack

trump62 Guest

Just wondering if anybody has had a problem with magicjack rebooting lately. In the last two or three days it reboots about once every hour or so. I tried the online chat on their tech support and they gave me a link for an upgrade. I tried that and about an hour later it rebooted again. I have had it for about 8 months and until now no issues.
    Last edited by trump62; 01-15-2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: added info

wes block Guest

Quote Originally Posted by trump62 View Post
    Just wondering if anybody has had a problem with magicjack rebooting lately. In the last two or three days it reboots about once every hour or so. I tried the online chat on their tech support and they gave me a link for an upgrade. I tried that and about an hour later it rebooted again. I have had it for about 8 months and until now no issues.
    no problems on my end.

Do you have another computer you can hook it up to at all?

Maybe there is a glitch coming from your computer

trump62 Guest

Thanks for the reply wes block. I only have the one computer but the mj only rebooted once since I did the upgrade. It's been a few hours now hopefully its calmed down, if not maybe I will try to reinstall it.

wes block Guest

Quote Originally Posted by trump62 View Post
    Thanks for the reply wes block. I only have the one computer but the mj only rebooted once since I did the upgrade. It's been a few hours now hopefully its calmed down, if not maybe I will try to reinstall it.
    see what happens and if your still having issues, see if you can take it to a friends and plug it in and see what happens. If it does it on 2 computers go to the MJ online support and tell them whats going on. Im sure the will replace it for you. I had one replaced (different reason). but they will want you to try everything on your end to ensure its not a faulty jack.

Let us know what happens

igoreshka Guest

I am wondering if you ever try a MagicJack recovery program.This is a little program but it might help allot.I use it a loooong time ago but as far as I remember all you need to do is install it and run it, than reboot MJ.
    Here you go:
    WARNING: All files posted are to be used at your own risk:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by igoreshka; 01-16-2011 at 01:00 AM.

trump62 Guest

Thanks igore and wes for your help. I checked my power options for my pc and it was set to shut off the hard drive after 5 min so I set it to never.It hasn't rebooted all day so I'm not sure if that was the cause.If it happens again I will try the file, it a good thing to have handy anyways

wes block Guest

that makes sense, cause it reads the jack as a drive

lets hope thats all it is!

Bud223 Guest

I have been using the Magic Jack for 2 1/2 years, I have had some problems and had to do some upgrades but it is well worth it

Tubbs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by billhiggs View Post
    my internet has a sustained speed of 110 k or mosre is that sufficient?

Thanks

My Magicjack works on my Crappy DSL line that has a speed around 110K. I just can't surf the net and talk at the same time.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567