Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: magic jack

woofydawg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oreile View Post
    I had one for one and a half years.
    It burned out after four months and they replace it after chatting on line for four hours.
    Two months ago it burned again and after a few hours on line chatting they said they had to charge me for the replacement and i declined not to pay for it and i am not with them any more due to the fact i had often a bad echo reception that the people on the other line could not hear me.
    For me Magic Jack is Majic Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! not worth it.
    You might not have the sound all the way up...open up your volume mixer and choose playback devices..you should see tigerjet..make sure the volume is turned up max..default is about half way if I remember. Makes a world of difference.

spacecrazy Guest

I have one and it works pretty good , for the price you.

wes block Guest

Ive had mine for over a year and just renewed for 5 years for $70. Yes you can't beat the price, but in my experience can't beat the quality and clarity. Destroys any cell phone quality and surpasses any landline as well. They also have amazing online support.

marcelect Guest

Thumbs up Magic jack

Quote Originally Posted by billhiggs View Post
    are there any magic jack users? if so what your experience? thinking of getting one but thought I would ask before running out and buying one
    My opinion is not to buy magic jack in canada (Canadian Magic Jack).That company is a total fraud.I had it for 1 year with their ATA box system and I could not receive calls and the connection was really bad.Once this company has your money they will never get back to you for any reason.They never call back their messages and I think by there accent there from the UK.I even file a complaint to the RCMP and the CRTC.But the American Magic Jack,is another story!It's night and day!The connection is almost perfect,the renewal is easy and they even let you know in time.All their feature works and we use it as second line abd,of course,long distance.They only thing that I reproach them is that they don't have the ATA box by linsky.Your computer has to be ON all the time.ATA box is a device that you connect in your routtor to your phone.It replaces the computer,so it's on all the time.Make sure you buy US Magic Jack.Go for it it's cheap and it works.

billhiggs Guest

kinda confusd about what you mean byu magic jack canada????? do you mean the site istself? I noticed the best buy canada and tiger direct canada both have them, would they be OK or are you suggesting I get one from the US via ebay for example

wes block Guest

Im not sure what that member means either. I got mine through magic jack.com and then got my parents one through a satellite store in Calgary (in person). Both work flawlessly, and any support Ive had to get for either one online has been amazing. So overall in my 2 experiences, I am most pleased. Also note I've had both hooked up to a little PC laptop as well as a mac.

billhiggs Guest

thanks for the info, so what kind of speed does your isp supply? I have a sustained of 100k is that sufficient? and did you do for a canadian phone number

wes block Guest

thanks for the info, so what kind of speed does your isp supply? I have a sustained of 100k is that sufficient? and did you do for a canadian phone number
    I have high speed cable through shaw and my parents have the 'light speed; through shaw. Thats the step down from high speed (but not dial up)and all works great.

I chose a US area code cause I didn't care if I had a canadian area code or not. For my parents though I think it was an extra $10 when you regisiter your number for a canadian area code.

I know that all there requirements for the magic jack to work are on their site magicjack dot com. For example minimum isp speeds in their FAQ section (I do not know off the top of my head). Ive always found just about any answer to any question there. And if not, you can go online to talk to an online agent to ask any questions you may have.

hope that helps you a bit

billhiggs Guest

thanks, guess I will get me one

nice_prguy Guest

Default Great for me too.

I have had mine for over a year now... at first there were some crackely connections.. I found that it was just the phone I was using. I bought a new phone for 12 bucks and now everything works really really well.

tester2 Guest

i bought one in 2009 work for 15 days by phone there after there is no tone at all, then chat online with mj, they also can't fix simply said connect head phone, so connect head phone the voice is very bad with head phone that make ears brust & unaudioble sound & unbearable sound, so i stop using it.

trump62 Guest

I've been using one for about six months now in Ontario Canada. I purchased it at a electronics retail store for $39.95 plus $10.00 for a Local Canadian phone number. The price included one year service. The only problem I had was I am using it on my laptop and when I first used it the caller ID was not working on my phone and when some one called there was one long ring then it rang normal. My computer had only 512 mb of ram so I purchased an extra gig.After that no problems it is as clear as a land line.

billhiggs Guest

Default works great

I got one about a month ago and works quite well, only problem I have is that I have limited bandwidth so if my desktop computer is using a lot of bandwidth downloaing or uploading the magic jack sometimes has a lag, otherwise it works well

i can see that the faster your internet the better it would work

wes block Guest

I got one about a month ago and works quite well, only problem I have is that I have limited bandwidth so if my desktop computer is using a lot of bandwidth downloaing or uploading the magic jack sometimes has a lag, otherwise it works well

i can see that the faster your internet the better it would work
    Good to hear your happy. I have high speed cable internet and I have to stop torrenting to use the jack or there is some interference but other than I think its awesome and even better for the price.

theprinceofsorts Guest

funny... yes, it works with enough bandwidth and the computer on -completely on, not sleeping, hibernating, etc. Yes, the sound is good. But I thought a phone was meant to allow people to connect when ever needed, at night if emergency e.g.
    And for that simple purpose, the magic jack is not a phone. It is great if you are away from home, a neat help... but it does not replace a normal phone. Skipe 2 would be a perfect name.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast