Thread: Precor 9.2S Treadmill after using for a few minutes blows the house fuse

citroens Guest

Post Precor 9.2S Treadmill after using for a few minutes blows the house fuse

Hi Folks!
    The treadmill was working flawlessly, didn't get much mileage out of it, bought it new from Fitness Depot just over 13 years ago looks new, still the belt indicator is in the Green, everything works except every now and again it will stop abruptly as there would be no power to it. I have tried different AC power socket, it would always be plugged directly into the AC power outlet with a surge protector... lately after being on it for 5 minutes or so it starts smelling something like woody smell, lights in the room starts to flicker letting me know ahead of time that the power is going should I not heed the warning tale tale..
    I have cleaned the deck with some special cleaning kit for treadmills since, cleaned and vacuumed the motor area inside the front cover, all is clean, however it never trips at the treadmill, rather the main fuse at the fuse box trips and every time this happens I would have to go and reset it.
    I do not have a current meter to verify the current drawn during the power outage.
    Where can I get parts if needed as well as Service manual/info?
    Ideas?
    Any ideas what this might be?
    many thanks in advance
    cheers

camaroluvr Guest

Quote Originally Posted by citroens View Post
    Hi Folks!
    The treadmill was working flawlessly, didn't get much mileage out of it, bought it new from Fitness Depot just over 13 years ago looks new, still the belt indicator is in the Green, everything works except every now and again it will stop abruptly as there would be no power to it. I have tried different AC power socket, it would always be plugged directly into the AC power outlet with a surge protector... lately after being on it for 5 minutes or so it starts smelling something like woody smell, lights in the room starts to flicker letting me know ahead of time that the power is going should I not heed the warning tale tale..
    I have cleaned the deck with some special cleaning kit for treadmills since, cleaned and vacuumed the motor area inside the front cover, all is clean, however it never trips at the treadmill, rather the main fuse at the fuse box trips and every time this happens I would have to go and reset it.
    I do not have a current meter to verify the current drawn during the power outage.
    Where can I get parts if needed as well as Service manual/info?
    Ideas?
    Any ideas what this might be?
    many thanks in advance
    cheers
    Whatever is on the circut is overloading..have u tried moving it to another plug?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Most household wall sockets are on a wiring branch circuit rated to 15 amps, check the ampere rating of the treadmill, if it’s over 10 amps then you could have a problem, I would also look to see what is on the same AC circuit as the treadmill, the wall sockets in one room (or more) are shared to a common breaker, there could be as many as 10 (or more) on one circuit. (depending on the local building codes)

If you happen to be on one that is tied to the refrigerator or something else that draws a lot of current you can blow the circuit breaker, also the breakers do get old, after several trips they can get weak and need to be replaced, this should be done by a licensed electrician.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?