Thread: Grey Cup Sunday:Alouettes face Roughriders for 98th edition!

KIDWCKED is offline Visiting Dignitary/Satfix 2021 NFL week 1 Champ
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,425x in 4,579 Posts
    Items Some beerMartini
Gift received at 04-01-2014, 12:27 AM from hedley
Gift received at 11-13-2013, 11:18 PM from thebeav
Gift received at 12-17-2012, 07:15 AM from ICEMAN

Default Grey Cup Sunday:Alouettes face Roughriders for 98th edition!

c/p from tsn.
    TSN.CA STAFF
    11/28/2010 9:52:00 AM
    For the 17th time in Grey Cup history, there will be a rematch of the previous year's game.

One year after the Montreal Alouettes defeated the Saskatchewan Roughriders on a last-second field goal, the two teams will meet again in the 98th Grey Cup today in Edmonton. The game can be seen live on TSN and TSN.ca at 6pm et/3pm pt with pre-game coverage on TSN beginning at 1 pm et/10 am pt.

Saskatchewan has had the bitter taste of disappointment in their mouths for the past year, and will be looking to exact some revenge on the Alouettes this time around.

Roughriders' players were celebrating their apparent Grey Cup victory before a penalty on the final play of the game gave the Alouettes one more chance.

With Saskatchewan up 27-25, Als' kicker Damon Duval missed a game-winning field goal as time expired, only to be given a second chance when the Riders were penalized for too many men. Duval connected on his second try, giving Montreal the 28-27 win, and adding to the long list of heartbreak over the years for Rider Nation.

Alouettes' RB Avon Cobourne was named Grey Cup MVP after gaining 149 yards rushing and receiving and scoring a touchdown. Ben Cahoon took home Most Valuable Canadian after his five catch for 57 yards and a touchdown performance.

The two teams have met twice since last year's infamous Grey Cup, splitting the series one game apiece.

They kicked off the 2010 regular season in what was another instant classic, with Saskatchewan edging Montreal 54-51 in a four-quarter shootout. Darian Durant threw for 481 yards and five touchdowns in the win while Anthony Calvillo answered with a performance nearly as impressive, throwing for 368 yards and four touchdowns.

Despite being Week 1, it was a victory that Riders head coach Ken Miller did not want his offensive unit to underestimate.

"It's going to reinforce the fact that we're never out of it," said Miller after the game. "They're going to believe in each other. Our offence is going to know that they can score points. And our defence is going to know that our offence can score points."

Their second meeting this year didn't feature nearly as much fireworks. Montreal topped the Riders 30-26, with Durant outperforming Calvillo in a losing cause. Durant threw for 445 yards and two touchdowns, while Calvillo recorded 252 yards and two touchdowns to no interceptions.

"We have to do a better job on offence because that was honestly terrible," said Calvillo, who will be looking for his third Grey Cup ring on Sunday.
    [KIDWICKED]..;/

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,260x in 7,930 Posts
    Items GreeceCanada

GO ALS GO.

kapeets Guest

Quote Originally Posted by costactc View Post
    GO ALS GO.
    Als got their Grey Cup last year gift - wrapped for them.... For that reason, I'm going for Sask. even though I live in S. Ontario....

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Some beerMartini

Quote Originally Posted by kapeets View Post
    Als got their Grey Cup last year gift - wrapped for them.... For that reason, I'm going for Sask. even though I live in S. Ontario....
    Absolutely!I'm hoping this is Saskatchewan's year for sure..But i like the Als as well..Hopefully there are no penalties in the remaining minutes of the game.But i'm sure it will be a good show regardless!!
    [KIDWICKED]..;/

kapeets Guest

Quote Originally Posted by toddr1 View Post
    Absolutely!I'm hoping this is Saskatchewan's year for sure..But i like the Als as well..Hopefully there are no penalties in the remaining minutes of the game.But i'm sure it will be a good show regardless!!
    Starting to snow big - time in Edmonton..... could be interesting as to how it affects play......

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Some beerMartini

Quote Originally Posted by kapeets View Post
    Starting to snow big - time in Edmonton..... could be interesting as to how it affects play......
    No doubt,,classic CFL for sure..Plus it's probably -14!Cheers.
    [KIDWICKED]..;/

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,000x in 1,596 Posts
    Items Some beer
Gift received at 07-14-2013, 03:14 AM from nobody

Have one on me ........A Beer
Gift received at 03-27-2013, 03:21 PM from thebeav
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 10:25 AM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 09-29-2012, 11:31 PM from clarkBENTDevil

Quote Originally Posted by costactc View Post
    GO ALS GO.
    I second that motion costactc.. Should be a great game...

chad1976 Guest

its is cold out

nada233 Guest

Cool

I am a saskatchewan roughrider bread green and love the team,but we were short again,and I will like to use this time to congratulate all the montreal funs for their team victory,was a close one but well played and nobody can denny that Athony Calvillo is the, best qb in the cfl,I like him cause his humble.Again congratulations montrealers enjoy your moment of joy,was a good game both team played well,but riders couldnt finished it up and calvillo could,long live the cfl.go riders go,till next year.