Thread: external hard drive

guns Guest

Default external hard drive

lookin to get an external hard drive for my wii... any suggestions? or name brands i should look for?

mrfab Guest

I have a western digital 500 gb been using it for over a year now and works great. I guess you have soft moded the wii.

Chris_McAloney Guest

Thumbs up

Seagate 2TB works great
    Seagate 1 TB works great
    Ultra Speed brand works excellent(doesn't matter the size)
    Imitation-any size

All these drives have there own power source as well.

I find the externals that just use the USB power source don't work well with some games.

Any drive I have used so far always worked as long as they have there own power source

danohh Guest

my lacie works great so does ultraspeed as well

charlesk Guest

If is for soft modded Wii you need a hard drive with a power source.( Recomemded )
    I have a WD 500GB and a WD 1.5TB and they work great no problem at all.

11142007 Guest

go to google type in Wii USB Devices Compatibility List click the first link and scroll down all working externals will be listed.

oshp129 Guest

I am using an external toshiba 1TB, it is 3.0 drive and working great. Another bonus are all the sales at staples.com lately. I paid 69 for the drive.

tekkone Guest

Does 3.0 make a difference when it's connected to the Wii?

Chris_McAloney Guest

3.0 doesn't make any difference except when connecting to your computer.If your computer can handle 3.0 then it will be faster for loading games onto the harddrive.

douglaswalkers Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_McAloney View Post
    3.0 doesn't make any difference except when connecting to your computer.If your computer can handle 3.0 then it will be faster for loading games onto the harddrive.
    Chris_McAloney, I am agreed with you If computer's USB socket is compatible with 3.0 standard it will work faster. Just purchase 3.0 external hard drive and use it with existing computers. With the two 3.0 hard disk drive, it also running successfully on non-3.0 ready computers.