Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ooma-Free Phone Service for Life

igoreshka Guest

Exclamation Ooma-Free Phone Service for Life

Its call ooma you have to buy hub that come with one scout for about $229 give you free phone service for life no more phone bill.

Its work just like Vonage , its way batter then MagicJack.
    Here you go:
    Code:
    http://www.ooma.com

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,036x in 1,728 Posts

Majicjack has gone dowhill fast with all the numbers being blocked and poor quality. I wonder how this ooma compares to the new nettalk duo? I have the duo and got it at 50% off so $43 shipped and it's also way better than MJ.
    You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

igoreshka Guest

have duo for the same price as you BM,no complains so far, better than MagicJack for sure.
    when I find out about ooma, I post it on the other forum a while ago and forgot to do it here but today I went over there and read some positive posts about ooma,so, maybe someone post a feedback as well

sal0826 Guest

I've had OOMA for over a year now - excellent equipment and excellent service. You cannot put MJ in the same catagory as OOMA. MJ is more of a "toy" (sometimes works, and always very undependable). OOMA is more of a real replacement for your landline and uses no PC like MJ. As long as you have a decent/dependable internet pipe you are good to go.

gsp89 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sal0826 View Post
    I've had OOMA for over a year now - excellent equipment and excellent service. You cannot put MJ in the same catagory as OOMA. MJ is more of a "toy" (sometimes works, and always very undependable). OOMA is more of a real replacement for your landline and uses no PC like MJ. As long as you have a decent/dependable internet pipe you are good to go.

Yes,
    you said exactly the right (sal0826;2629)
    I am using ooma almost one year, I never call customer service, Because I never had problem with their service. Sound quality is batter than Land-phone.

capersx2 Guest

Too bad Ooma and nettalk duo have no Canadian phone numbers available, only USA.

sal0826 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gsp89 View Post
    Yes,
    you said exactly the right (sal0826;2629)
    I am using ooma almost one year, I never call customer service, Because I never had problem with their service. Sound quality is batter than Land-phone.

Yep - it was a great investment. It cost me $189 13 months ago. At this point its paid for itself and pretty much free going forward (taxes of $4 year)

pcman888 Guest

Can i receive and send fax with ooma i would like to get one for that.my magic jack tore up and i tried to buy one and they said i owed them money.

wattso99 Guest

I bought a ooma because they told me that I could have my old number. They could not give it to me and wanted to give me a number on the other side of the state so I am out $ 200

pcman888 Guest

Thanks for the response i guess they are all alike they promise anything to get the money then won't deliver.I still have 3 years of service left with mj and they will not let me even buy another to get my service.I really do need to send and receive faxes allot so we have to drive a long way and pay to fax them.The insurance co had me in the car running all over town to send them every record the doc had and me with surgery 2 days ago so i got apply for money that had.I guess i will continue to deliver them but thanks ltting me know.

hondoharry Guest

How can you call it free if it's 229 bux?

ikhateeb Guest

I started using it since it came into market in 2008, use it with scouts, it was white silver color at that time, it's already paid off, now the new clients are not free anymore, it's in black color and have a fee associated with it. Also I am quite a few initial users of net talk, now consumers have to pay 30 bux a year, was free when they introduced for the first time. It's net talk due. People can make unlimited calls to USA and Canada by using a free app from net talk for iPhone and iPad.

bigiron Guest

I have had mine 2 years and I paid 199.00 for it and it came with the scout. I bought 1 as a xmas present refurbed for 119.00 without the scout. I don`t pay the 3.47 cent tax because I am grandfathered. The unit is great, no problems what so ever. They also offer a premium service but you get free long distance and caller I.D. with it for free. No problems with it on cable or DSL.Would recommend it highly .

twinbee Guest

I find the scout a little bit unnecessary, as I have the Hub wired into my home's phone jacks. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :P
    Last edited by anyonomus; 05-09-2012 at 01:02 AM. Reason: no selling/buying/bartering on fix.. Review the site rules.. Thanks

18DD2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pcman888 View Post
    Thanks for the response i guess they are all alike they promise anything to get the money then won't deliver.I still have 3 years of service left with mj and they will not let me even buy another to get my service.I really do need to send and receive faxes allot so we have to drive a long way and pay to fax them.The insurance co had me in the car running all over town to send them every record the doc had and me with surgery 2 days ago so i got apply for money that had.I guess i will continue to deliver them but thanks ltting me know.

The public Library here in the part of Idaho I live in charges 10 cents a page. Might want to think about it in the meantime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast