Thread: Any Geocachers here???

Ausiesrock Guest

Default Any Geocachers here???

I found this forum and just had to post since it was empty. Surely there must be some cachers on this site? Let's unite! Share your favorite cache or caching adventure. What gpsr are you using and how do you like it?

Putski Guest

Smile Great Thread!

In the summer months the wife and I go and do some Geocacheing

it's pretty much like hide and seek and it's alot of Fun

we use a Garmin eTrax for our GPS....it does the job but not the GPS I would of bought,,,, but the wife bought it for me to mark my Fishing Holes and My Morel Mushroom Hunting spots and some times use it during Deer hunting!

Nice thread!

Ausiesrock Guest

Hi Putski! The e-trex is a good unit for sure. We like our Gamin Oregon 550 as it can hold all the geocaching info and we don't have to print it. The 450 is now down around 200 bucks, they must be coming out with a newer one?

Thanks for sharing and please send me the coordinates of those morels, we love them! Just kidding, I have my own mushroom forests waymarked.

freedom2 Guest

We cache too. My wife and I really enjoy it. Hope to see you on the trail.....

supercycle Guest

Were a family of five and have been doing it for a number of years. Everyone in the family has one and it's a race to see who finds it first. My kids range in age from 9-15.

mydish Guest

On the old (talk) site, I tried getting some interest going in a similar forum... no biters. Glad to see there's some interest here now. I also use the Oregon - great little handheld has led me and my 5yo son to some great fun.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,900x in 1,014 Posts
    Items the travel gnomeBurger
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:18 AM from ICEMANRainbow
Gift received at 10-18-2012, 06:29 PM from darlinkat
Gift received at 10-18-2012, 06:29 PM from darlinkat

I just started myself. To cold right now to go looking (have only found 2 myself) but in spring I may try some more as time permits
    Please do not PM me with questions that can be asked in open forums

Ausiesrock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pugsycan View Post
    I just started myself. To cold right now to go looking (have only found 2 myself) but in spring I may try some more as time permits
    Yeah, here in Ontario we just got a big dump of snow, but if you look for the winter friendly ones you can still get out and enjoy finding a few! In the cache listing, on the right hand side, under "attributes" look for a snowflake, which indicates it should be available in winter!
    Cache On!

Ausiesrock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by supercycle View Post
    Were a family of five and have been doing it for a number of years. Everyone in the family has one and it's a race to see who finds it first. My kids range in age from 9-15.
    Sounds like quite the geo-gang you have there!
    And WELCOME to Satfix!

blitzedfarmer Guest

Couple friends of mine do this and I've gone with them, was good for a laugh!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 9 Posts

took my son out with an old friend that was really into geocashing. my son who usually doesn't like to do a bunch of "exercise" was out climbing over logs and through waist high snow in his running shoes to find more caches. while it was spring time and warm in town, the farther out of town we went, the more snow we ran into. nothing was stopping him. he ended up finding 15 caches before it got too dark to carry on. he liked it so much we go an etrex 20 and haven't looked back.

Styx_N_Stones is offline Senior Member/Food City 500 Nascar Pool Winner/Cheez-It 355 Nascar Pool Winner
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 225x in 145 Posts
    Items helicopter
Gift received at 10-17-2013, 11:32 AM from darlinkat
Message: you have a camaro...they don't sell cadillacs lol...sooooooSprint carNASCARCheckered FlagCamaroA BeerWireless AccessMonitor

This time of year makes FTF easy... just follow the footprints in the snow!!!

Ive snagged a few this way!
    What a long... strange trip it's been!