Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best GPS make?

freedom2 Guest

I have to recommend Garmin too, for all the reasons expressed above. I've got one handheld and two car ones.....

wes block Guest

I've got the MIO Knight Rider gps. Strictly because the voice of kitt and the cool light display!

kenkell1 Guest

Garmin all the way.
    I have a Tom Tom and it really is a piece of crap with expensive upgrades.

brad.fta1 Guest

I've been looking for hours on the net for a GPS that has bluetooth and AUDIO overspeed alert. If there is a company that makes this then I want it. I've gotten 3 tickets on the road in the last year since the reduced the limit. In Quebec it's elligal to talk on the phone while driving. I allmost never use a GPS but al;l three in one would make life grand.

MeSat_FTA Guest

May be late but the latest Garmin Nuvi models have these features.

swanone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RED75 View Post
    Do you want to use it for personal use or comercal. I use garmin but they don't show just truck routes yet. They did say that they where working on it
    the Garmin 465T is for truck routes , the price has come down can find them now around 350.00

Delirious Guest

Quote Originally Posted by portugese pirate View Post
    garmin because you can pirate updates easily......lol
    that is the reason why i also have a garmin nuvi 265
    but it does get confused once in a while though ie. recalculating ... recalculating

Apoynaanghel Guest

Garmin,coz I love the slutty voice of Samantha.

funsatpeep Guest

Have 2 Magellans and they work well as basic GPS's. They chime loud and clear when you need to turn left or right, and uses terms like "slight right turn" to alert you as to which lane to stay in and follow. No choice of voices, just one generic voice.

Also have a TomTom XL and is is newer and adds some nice touches like more POI categories, add your own POI categories. Also users can add map changes and every Tom Tom user can share in the new found knowledge. That is quite a unique feature. Also has some fun voice choices but less than Garmin nuvi.

And a Garmin nuvi 1350 LMT with lifetime maps and lifetime traffic control. Easiest menu to navigate, does alert to which lane to be in showing the lanes clearly on the map while you are driving. The voices are pretty nice and the computer mail and female voices will read the street names to turn on, the "non-computer"voices don't.

steve_tiger_03 Guest

I like Mio, it has better interface. It can narrow down the destination faster than Garmin.
    With Garmin (my model 265), you have to enter city name, it does not recognize zip code.
    After that it can narrow down street name & number. But, I think Garmin is very much dominated the GPS market.

bonay187 Guest

Not Alpine!

triad Guest

I bought a Tom Tom and returned it after a week because of two reasons. 1) I had to turn it on every time I started my car (Although they did send me an e-mail to notify me of an update that fixed the issue) and since I was using it for Bluetooth phone connectivity, this defeated the purpose. and 2) It would just sit on the menu for ever and not go to the map which is more interesting to watch than a menu that would just burn the screen. Features wise, it was very good, the lane assist was nice and I had no issues with finding addresses. I bought a Nuvi with lifetime traffic and map updates and have been happy with it.

LuckyLarry Guest

Got an older Garmin 255w with lifetime maps that I like.Good as any.Traffic feature would be nice,but traffic sucks all the time anyways.....

Larbi Guest

I used to use Copilot for Android, but since I tried google Maps navigator Iwon't go back to other GPS apps. for me the best GPS I ever used.

triad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larbi View Post
    I used to use Copilot for Android, but since I tried google Maps navigator Iwon't go back to other GPS apps. for me the best GPS I ever used.
    Interesting, I have it on my smartphone but never used it. I will have to give it a try

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast