Thread: the incredible sinking sailboat not or knot.lol

justeric1agn Guest

Default the incredible sinking sailboat not or knot.lol

It takes all kinds of people to make a world....
    I bet the Coastguard loves this guy.

The Love Love was built to look as if it is sinking
    French artist Julien Berthier has designed a fully functional boat to look as if it is sinking. The 6.5m (21ft) yacht was cut in half with a new keel and motor added so it remains in the sinking position while being fully functional. He describes it as "the permanent and mobile image of a wrecked ship that has become a functional and safe leisure object."

Berthier has taken the boat (or should I say half-a-boat) across the English Channel to London and has toured it around Europe , getting plenty of offers of assistance from unwitting good Samaritans, who would presumably be either very annoyed or rather bemused by the contraption.
    The designer and artist designed and built the floating installation in 2007. He named his creation Love Love.
    Attached Images Attached Images

justeric1agn Guest

oh yes more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blaster Guest

Awesome!! I'm not sure how it works with the Coast Guard, but lets say a passerby calls them to come to the aid of a sinking boat. Once they show up and discover the reality, who would have pick up their bill??

Great Pics justeric1agn!!

oak Guest

I remembered seeing this thread. You beat yahoo by a month. hahaha

HTML Code:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20110215/od_yblog_upshot/the-love-love-boat

Hunter11 Guest

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer. jmo.If it's art then put it in a gallery and not in the water ways. Geesh.

wildman25 Guest

Functional it is not (because it didn't leave much useable space) but a conversation piece for sure. It's amazing with the mast sticking forward like that that they allowed it- because it could easily be used for jousting in a crowded waterway.

I'd drive it, and would probably tie some debris and floats to it, to add to the effect when boats come closer. Conversation would go something like this "please don't get too close, jaws is never far away!!"

hutch Guest

good joke...but what about salvage rights? lol