Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chronic Dev Team Releases greenpois0n, Untethered Jailbreak for 4.2.1

zeroGsti Guest

Default Chronic Dev Team Releases greenpois0n, Untethered Jailbreak for 4.2.1

The jailbreak community is buzzing and rejoicing tonight as the culmination of weeks of waiting is finally here. Earlier this evening, the Chronic Dev Team released the latest version of greenpois0n. What we have here is a nifty little conduit to free your iDevice running 4.2.1.

Although MMi will have more insight and coverage of the release of the hours to come, in a nutshell, what we have with greenpois0n is a program that enables you to perform an untethered jailbreak. You can simply reboot without any cumbersome need to re-jailbreak. So far, however, we understand that it's only available for Mac.

It should also be noted that caution should be exercised in rushing toward greenpois0n, as the build is believed to have been hurriedly put together. Consequently, there's only a small number of people who can presently report back on their experience with the release. So, by all accounts, please stay tuned.

Greenpois0n
    Edit Poseidon: For anyone who gets stuck on "Initializing" you will need to hard reset your phone (hold home + power). Put your phone back into DFU mode but do not let go of the home button... Run Green Pois0n... release home button when you see code running down the screen.

*I will not post links to the Green Poison Jailbreak. Please use at your own risk. There's a lot of people complaining of a lot of glitches when jailbreaking their 4.2.1 Iphone/Ipad. I would wait until all the glitches are worked out. - zeroGsti*
    Last edited by zeroGsti; 02-05-2011 at 06:32 AM.

PTown Guest

I want a 4.2.1JB that doesn't upgrade baseband. Does that exist yet?

zeroGsti Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PTown View Post
    I want a 4.2.1JB that doesn't upgrade baseband. Does that exist yet?
    I don't think this will update your baseband. You only update basebands if you restore or update through Itunes. I will find out and post here.

PTown Guest

I always cook through pwnage and it has/had the option to leave BB alone. Stuff like LR I think you had to upgrade IOS+BB then JB. I need to run ultrasn0w'd though.

zeroGsti Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PTown View Post
    I always cook through pwnage and it has/had the option to leave BB alone. Stuff like LR I think you had to upgrade IOS+BB then JB. I need to run ultrasn0w'd though.
    You can always download modified firmware that keeps the Basband. I've downloaded 3.1.2 modded ISPW that kept the 3.0 baseband. I didn't want to change the baseband because I wanted to keep my Iphone unlocked.

badboyz4life Guest

i have a quistion sorry if i hijacked but if we JB 4.2.1 windows then we cant look it anymore????
    sorry if stupid question but all i want to beable to do is use my iphone 4 3g to hook to my laptop and get own line useing the iphone to get internet .but i want to beable to look it??
    Thanks ZeroGSI for your post and help

PTown Guest

Quote Originally Posted by badboyz4life View Post
    i have a quistion sorry if i hijacked but if we JB 4.2.1 windows then we cant look it anymore????
    sorry if stupid question but all i want to beable to do is use my iphone 4 3g to hook to my laptop and get own line useing the iphone to get internet .but i want to beable to look it??
    I'm not sure what you are asking? What is look it?

PTown Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zeroGsti View Post
    You can always download modified firmware that keeps the Basband. I've downloaded 3.1.2 modded ISPW that kept the 3.0 baseband. I didn't want to change the baseband because I wanted to keep my Iphone unlocked.

I've done that before also. I'll have to take a look around. Let me know if you can find anything about cooking my own. Thanks.

zeroGsti Guest

You have to Jailbreak your Iphone 4 and then open Cydia which you will see on your Springboard (Desktop) on your phone. When entering Cydia look for MiWi and download it from them. You will then be able to Tether you Iphone 4 to your laptop on any wireless device you would like.

*Oh yea, no worries on the hijack man I'm here to help best that I can =)*
    Last edited by zeroGsti; 02-07-2011 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Added text

badboyz4life Guest

thank you zeroGSI for your help,hey my friend i found a video on utube that is awsome showing you how to but i still have one cocern,before i start i have to turn off my lock ?right alsoi have my phone set were after 4 hrs you have to have a code will i still have that?also i read something about turning off sim????must mean sim card not sure what to do there?now i have a pc with windows 7 also one with vista also windows 7 witch one would be the best or would it not matter?
    i would post the video but not sure how but it awsome from all the replys that i read
    thanks again
    think i'm fixing to try it

zeroGsti Guest

thank you zeroGSI for your help,hey my friend i found a video on utube that is awsome showing you how to but i still have one cocern,before i start i have to turn off my lock ?right alsoi have my phone set were after 4 hrs you have to have a code will i still have that?also i read something about turning off sim????must mean sim card not sure what to do there?now i have a pc with windows 7 also one with vista also windows 7 witch one would be the best or would it not matter?
    i would post the video but not sure how but it awsome from all the replys that i read
    thanks again
    think i'm fixing to try it
    When I jailbreak my phone I never shutdown anything. I just go ahead and Jailbreak it. I wouldn't hurt to reset everything without locks but I dont think it's necessary. I might be wrong so like I said it wouldn't hurt to reset everything without locks. The phone will appear factory with just an add on, on the springboard called Cydia. That's where all the magic happens. As far as what windows OS to use, I think they should all work because when the Dev teams release the Jailbreak they never mention a specific Windows OS.

badboyz4life Guest

everything went good but i cant get mywi so i can tether??Ive googled it to death with no luck

zeroGsti Guest

everything went good but i cant get mywi so i can tether??Ive googled it to death with no luck
    you have to click on CYDIA on the desktop of your iphone and do a search after all of the first installation mumbo jumbo when you start CYDIA for the first time. You'll find it there and not anywhere else.

badboyz4life Guest

everythings good still cant get internet tethering??????

zeroGsti Guest

everythings good still cant get internet tethering??????
    Did you install MiWi?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast