Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SO no body like boats?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,944x in 802 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 01-01-2014, 09:55 PM from swanner
Message: Great Service and A Good Man...A Gift From Canada...

i work on the water so boats and skiffs and barges are very familiar to me. i run a fishing boat and a 21 foot skiff with a 60 Yamaha four stroke. i would recommend nothing else.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,189x in 646 Posts

Well rule of thumb was about $1,000 per 10 hp=$30,000 I'd love to have one on the back of my boat..

Quote Originally Posted by Marcella View Post
    Ilive in a boat type place ,salt water fishing boats etc. Now the other day I was taught a lesson about boats. i was setting up a dish at a marina and drove past a boat that caught my eye, It had 3 outboard 300 mercs. so on the way out there was a mech. working on it and I find out that there are only 4 of those boats built in Florida. One is owned by Florida gov. one in Seatle one up here. They do around 90 nots. fuel usage is out of this world and is high octaine. I thought those outboard were worth about $6000. man was I wrong.LOL LOL
    Last edited by mclovin; 07-22-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Special thanks to TPB for the sig

<")))>< ><((((º> ¸ <")))><.·´¯><((((º>`·..·´¯><((((º>`·.´¯><((((º>`·. ´¯><((((º>`·´¯><((((º> <")))><

oak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zoogor View Post
    i work on the water so boats and skiffs and barges are very familiar to me. i run a fishing boat and a 21 foot skiff with a 60 Yamaha four stroke. i would recommend nothing else.
    I worked at my dad's shop years ago. At one time he was a dealer for Merc, Johnson and Yamaha. He enjoyed the top ten dealer spot in the USA with all three at one point or another. I too would recommend none other than Yamaha. Here is a pic of my '98 rig. It's on the second set of spark plugs. Still has the factory water pump impeller! The only thing I've ever had to replace is the prop. I've thrown several ears.
    Attached Images Attached Images

cozumel111 Guest

mine are 2000 ,175 hp ficht. do the work myself,nobody on the island does them. they run like the wind. no problems so far.

cozumel111 Guest

Attachment 11500 up, 2000 ficht. you had a bad year, sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12