Thread: iPad 2 Delayed Until June?

zeroGsti Guest

Default iPad 2 Delayed Until June?

Citing supplier checks, a Taiwanese research firm is claiming that the iPad 2 launch may be delayed to June due to production problems. Bloomberg is quoting Yuanta Securities analysts as saying that design changes that Apple requested are leading to issues in manufacturing at Foxconn, which saw its parent company's stock drop to its lowest price since December after the report.

According to other reports out of the Asian supply chain, production of the new iPad began at the start of 2011 and was halted for the Chinese New Year holiday this month. Analysts Vincent Chen and Allison Chen told Bloomberg that Apple had made some changes to the design before the holiday, and that Foxconn ran into problems when production was restarted. The bottleneck is reportedly so severe that it could force a delay in the release of as much as two months, pushing it close to the expected iPhone 5 release in June.

The report also notes that several Android tablets based on the 3.0 "Honeycomb" version of the OS will be released in April and May, which the analysts say "may give the Android camp a brief window of opportunity." The delay would also cut the total number of iPads shipped in 2011 to 23 million, as opposed to earlier estimates of 30.6 million for an April launch.

The stock price of Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd., which is the parent company of Foxconn, dropped 2.2 percent to NT$111.50 at the close of Taipei trading. This is the stock's lowest price since December 2.

Source: AppleInsider

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,420x in 1,236 Posts
    Items Guitar2CanadaImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 01-31-2011, 10:43 PM from

i see the speakers heehee!
    HIT THE *THANKS* IF YOU"RE THANKFUL
    I'M CURRENTLY TESTING BUT NOT RECEIVING - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO RECEIVE

SEARCH TOOL SITE RULES WHO's WHO?

thenatu Guest

I dont see the iPad 2 being delayed. With the March 2nd Apple event and employee's having to sign an NDA, I see the iPad 2 being released shortly after March 2nd.