Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got My First E-Cig

Bigpineguy Retired Guest

Default Got My First E-Cig

Just got my first set up, 2 e-cigs, and 10 refills....Let's see if they will work and help me cut down and quit...

BPG~

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,462x in 1,065 Posts

Isn't this like round 2 for you with those things ? I really hope it helps you kick the habit .

snake Guest

good luck to you ,i would love to quit the filthy habit myself.

oak Guest

Have been considering the ecig myself. Good luck. Hope you get there. Keep us posted.

Bigpineguy Retired Guest

Quote Originally Posted by StanW View Post
    Isn't this like round 2 for you with those things ? I really hope it helps you kick the habit .

No, never got the first one....We went back to that Mall, and the guy closed up shop.... This is my first go at it...

BPG~

dishuser Guest

got a buddy in the states that sells e-cig online
    he contacted me other day and is gonna send up a kit
    can't wait to smoke in the bars again...lol

Bigpineguy Retired Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post

I had someone here offer the same thing via PM, but never came through...it was "Still waiting" "But I am getting you one", then nothing for another week...

BPG~

ft@t@lk™ Guest

you may have trouble getting it into Canada, I know I did; nicotine-free cartridges are ok to order, it's the nicotine ones they have a beef with....here it is straight from Health Canada:

c/p
    Advisory
    2009-53
    March 27, 2009
    For immediate release

OTTAWA - Health Canada is advising Canadians not to purchase or use electronic smoking products, as these products may pose health risks and have not been fully evaluated for safety, quality and efficacy by Health Canada.

These products come as electronic cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos and pipes, as well as cartridges of nicotine solutions and related products. These products fall within the scope of the Food and Drugs Act, and under the Act, require market authorization before they can be imported, advertised or sold. The sale of these health products is currently not compliant with the Food and Drugs Act since no electronic smoking products have been granted a market authorization in Canada.

In recent months, a number of electronic cigarettes, cigars and pipes as well as cartridges of nicotine solutions and related products have been marketed in Canada, and through the Internet. Most of these products are shaped and look like their conventional counterparts. They produce a vapour that resembles smoke and a glow that resembles the tip of a cigarette. They consist of a battery-powered delivery system that vapourizes and delivers a liquid chemical mixture that may be composed of various amounts of nicotine, propylene glycol, and other chemicals.

Nicotine is a highly addictive and toxic substance, and the inhalation of propylene glycol is a known irritant. Although these electronic smoking products may be marketed as a safer alternative to conventional tobacco products and, in some cases, as an aid to quitting smoking, electronic smoking products may pose risks such as nicotine poisoning and addiction. Please visit the Health Canada website for further information about nicotine and addiction.

While no electronic smoking product has yet been authorized for sale in Canada, Health Canada has authorized the sale of a number of smoking cessation aids, including nicotine gum, nicotine patches, nicotine inhaler, and nicotine lozenges.

Electronic smoking products, including their nicotine cartridges, must be kept out of the reach of children at all times, given the risk of choking or nicotine poisoning. Nicotine is hazardous to the health and safety of certain segments of the population such as children, youth, pregnant women, nursing mothers, people with heart conditions, and the elderly.

Persons importing, advertising or selling electronic cigarette products in Canada must stop doing so immediately. Health Canada is providing information to interested stakeholders on how to apply for the appropriate market authorizations and establishment licences.

Canadians who have used e-cigarette products and are concerned about their health should consult with a health care practitioner.

Complaints involving electronic smoking products can be reported to the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate by calling the toll-free hotline at 1-800-267-9675, or by writing to:

Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate
    Health Canada
    Address Locator: 2003C
    Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K9

You can also contact a Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate Regional Operational Centre.

Please visit the Health Canada website to view the Notice to Stakeholders regarding E-Cigarettes.
    Code:
    http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/media/advisories-avis/_2009/2009_53-eng.php

Bigpineguy Retired Guest

Thanks ft@[email protected] I feel better about it...lol

BPG~

dishuser Guest

my buddy ships to canada almost every day for over a year now with no issues

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,189x in 646 Posts

BPG have you tried zyban or champix I quite with Zyban and it was so easy I thought I should start up again because it was so easy
    I believe there was 60 pill in the bottle and was to take 2 a day?? 2 pills a day were too much for me as it makes you a little jumpy,so I did 1 pill a day and threw the smokes away and still had 10 pills left
    I here from a few that they preferred Champix much better.
    PS) If the DR said you have cancer would you quite then ?? this was my thoughts at the time I quite...BTY I never had one craving since....
    Good Luck

Special thanks to TPB for the sig

<")))>< ><((((º> ¸ <")))><.·´¯><((((º>`·..·´¯><((((º>`·.´¯><((((º>`·. ´¯><((((º>`·´¯><((((º> <")))><

ft@t@lk™ Guest

my buddy ships to canada almost every day for over a year now with no issues

even nicotine cartridges? what's his website? if you can't type it here, pls PM me

murph001 Guest

Zyban help me quit also i was smoking 3 packs a day ,,when i quit like 8 yrs ago and it was the best thing i ever did...thing is with any quit smoking aide you have to want to quit first... good luck Bigpineguy......

Hunter11 Guest

Canadian smokes are about $10 a pack:

10 x 7 = 70
    70 x 1 month= $280
    12 months x 280 = $3,360

Could have a real nice car over a 10 year period, not to mention the quality and quantity of life.

I quit using champix, be carfefull of the side affects.

Bigpineguy Retired Guest

I haven't had a Real Cig. ALL day....and that's huge! I sometimes "want" one, but I don't ....I haven't even bought any from the store....easier when the temptation isn't within reach... I think that only smokers and former smokers can see where not having one since yesterday is a nice step towards quitting...

BPG~

To the Journey!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast