Thread: Champix

Hunter11 Guest

Default Champix

Champix blocks the receptors in the brain that are stimulated by nicotine. The longer they are blocked the better chance you have to quit smoking. There are reports of serious side affects with using this prescription so be careful with it. After my 3rd attempt using this I have been completely smoke free for 10 months after 40 years of smoking. I can't believe it myself. I DID IT!!

Discuss how this may help you with your Doctor. Good luck.

abby Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter11 View Post
    Champix blocks the receptors in the brain that are stimulated by nicotine. The longer they are blocked the better chance you have to quit smoking. There are reports of serious side affects with using this prescription so be careful with it. After my 3rd attempt using this I have been completely smoke free for 10 months after 40 years of smoking. I can't believe it myself. I DID IT!!

Discuss how this may help you with your Doctor. Good luck.

smoke free for 10 months,great job im smoke free for 6months, after using wellburtian..just watch that weight gain,i went from 220lbs to 253.,eat smart.lol

Hunter11 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by musky View Post
    smoke free for 10 months,great job im smoke free for 6months, after using wellburtian..just watch that weight gain,i went from 220lbs to 253.,eat smart.lol
    I hear ya, dealing with the weight gain now, salads, fruit and daily walks are in the cards for spring. lol. I can't believe how much they stink after quitting. Best thing I ever did for me and my Family.