Thread: Ubuntu 10 10 10 Firefox Upgrade

donaldelee Guest

Default Ubuntu 10 10 10 Firefox Upgrade

After updating thru the update manager for Firefox in my Ubuntu 10 10 10, I no longer have the top bar allowing me to shut the computer off, or the clock, or anything else in the top bar? ? ? If I force a shut down with the button it gives me a box to allow me to shut down, restart. Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks!

donaldelee Guest

Got it all working after the upgrade!

jagee Guest

May i ask what you mean after the upgrade,Im having problems not being able to get on the wireless network.Any suggestions with both questions?

donaldelee Guest

After upgrading for the Firefox browser. I now have no problems. The first installation I had problems with the 9.10 Ubuntu; however, with alltel wifi card, I have few problems now. I was able to print for some time; however, now, my ability to print using the Ubuntu has stopped. I have a box that appears after booting into Ubuntu 11.04 that says Internet Service Security Disabled, and I assume this has something to do with the disability to print thru the Ubuntu program. I believe that Ubuntu has improved the ability to get on the wireless network. What version of Ubuntu are you running? What is the ISP?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 585x in 169 Posts
    Items Monitor
Gift received at 10-03-2012, 01:15 PM from ICEMAN

Quote Originally Posted by donaldelee View Post
    After upgrading for the Firefox browser. I now have no problems. The first installation I had problems with the 9.10 Ubuntu; however, with alltel wifi card, I have few problems now. I was able to print for some time; however, now, my ability to print using the Ubuntu has stopped. I have a box that appears after booting into Ubuntu 11.04 that says Internet Service Security Disabled, and I assume this has something to do with the disability to print thru the Ubuntu program. I believe that Ubuntu has improved the ability to get on the wireless network. What version of Ubuntu are you running? What is the ISP?
    I had so much frustration with the new Ubuntu, I switched to Kubuntu. I could print, but I could only print text...It would not print images. I still have a few glitches, but I must say that it's a major improvement over Ubuntu 11.04
    Toys include:
    1. 36” Motorized GeoSat w/DMX522
    1. 48” Motorized ASC Signal DMX522
    1. 10' Unimesh 18” actuator DMX741
    1. 10' Unimesh 18” actuator DMX741U
    1. 10' (no name solid) used as a solar collector

scotty25 Guest

I finally gave up on Ubuntu server. It's been nothing but a mess trying to get it running as a VM