Last edited by bkr™; 04-13-2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: added as pdf file

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Good info BKR, I made it into a sticky.

One thing, can you change it into a PDF file, some have problems with zip files.

FYI to all of those going to use this switch, the power inserter used with this switch is incompatible with most FTA receivers, so it has to be run to the switch #1 receiver port on its own coax by its self.

Running an FTA receiver through this device will/could in the long run damage the receivers DC power supply.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

bkr™ is offline Moderator/Satfix 2014 Super Bowl pool Champion
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,952x in 711 Posts

Yes added as pdf file and thanks for adding the foot notes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bkr™ For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 306x in 192 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terryl View Post
    Good info BKR, I made it into a sticky.

One thing, can you change it into a PDF file, some have problems with zip files.

FYI to all of those going to use this switch, the power inserter used with this switch is incompatible with most FTA receivers, so it has to be run to the switch #1 receiver port on its own coax by its self.

Running an FTA receiver through this device will/could in the long run damage the receivers DC power supply.
    I know this is an old thread but am interested if the comment by Terryl still holds true. Can this switch be used by Either Dreamlink or Jynxbox? will the setup be the same. By running it by itself to the switch will it just act like a diseq switch and still pull power from LNB? Dont want to fry the receiver.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

The DC power inserters used for the DPP44 switch have been found to be non compatible with most FTA receivers, this due to the internal workings of these devices and the loads they put on the internal tuners in the FTA receiver.

The Dish OEM receiver detects this power inserter (if needed) and adjusts for it, the standard FTA receiver dose not, it does not have the software do do so.

In most cases the inserter may look like it it is working fine with the FTA receiver, however over time there could be some sort of internal damage to the FTA receiver.

Remeber these power inseters were designed to be used with Dish or Bell OEM receivers, they (Dish or Bell) don't care what happens to a different type of receiver if used with their equipment, it was designed to be used with their stuff only.

The DPP44 switch when fully utilized (4 DP type LNBs attached and up to 4 receivers attached) needs at least 1 amp at 20 volts DC to run right, the DP power inserter will do this.

So the best and safest way to run a DPP 44 switch with it's DC power inserter is to use a second coax from the DP power inserter out to the #1 port on the DPP44 switch, and do not run a receiver off the receiver port on the power inserter.

When the DPP44 switch is powered externaly by it's supplied power inserter it will act just like any normal Diseqc switch, Receiver ports on the switch will run any normal FTA receiver.

However the LNB input ports on the DPP 44 switch will only work with DP or DPP type LNB's, they will not work too good on standard or legacy LNB's, only Dish or Bell LNB's, this because the DPP44 switch does not use +13 and +18 volt switching to go between the "H" and "V" transponders, it supply's a constant DC voltage (about 20 volts DC) to run the LNB's.

The #2, #3 and #4 receiver ports on the DPP44 switch will not draw DC power from an attached receiver when the DC power inserter is used, so it is best to use these ports for an attached FTA receiver.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Terryl For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 18x in 6 Posts

I always recommended to use an old sub receiver and keep it connected to port#1 on DPP44 all time.
    If DN do those changes that everybody is speculating, than we will have plenty of 301 on garage sales

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 157x in 85 Posts

I've used many fta boxes with a dp 44 and they have worked fine over time. The one exception being the Sonicview 8k. I had to replace the power supply in that really often.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NoName For This Useful Post: