Thread: jennair propane

hartley11 Guest

Default jennair propane

i have a jennair gas countertop with 4 burners and a bq grill and 1of the burners is broke and i live in an area were a repairman won't travel to come and fix it.
    i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get at the insde of the countertop to repair the broken valve
    i can give you the model # if needed
    i don't want to diconnect the fan for the grill and gas line and remove from countertop if that is possible
    can anyone give me a web site where i can get a manual on how to repair this model
    any help would be appreciated and t/y in advance

aquadave Guest

Whats broke on it you might not need to remove the counter top. the orifice is right there easy to get to

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,000x in 1,596 Posts
    Items Some beer
Gift received at 07-14-2013, 03:14 AM from nobody

Have one on me ........A Beer
Gift received at 03-27-2013, 03:21 PM from thebeav
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 10:25 AM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 09-29-2012, 11:31 PM from clarkBENTDevil

Gas valves dont ussualy break.. I got a feeling a clogged orifice or burner is more likely..What are the symptoms?? Orange flame, wont light up.. Do you smell gas when you open the burner..A few details may save you a lot of grief..

hartley11 Guest

t/y for your interest when i push down and turn valve on the electric igniter sparks and the knob turns freely not stopping at low med and hot .There is no clicking at each position and there is no smell of gas .Hope this helps as i would like to try to fix this problem but can't figure out how to get at valves