Thanks
    Thanked 26,226x in 7,919 Posts
    Items GreeceCanada

Quote Originally Posted by chifut View Post
    Yep .You are right Costa.That was easy On 91W:
    ..Igot TP 3920H26000 with 65% Q
    ..TP 4014H6620 -40%Q
    TP 3820V30000-70%Q-all chs .scramble..
    Idon't wana hijack Xilbus 's thread anymore ,so thanks everybody..

I can't see how posting about receiving c band channels on a smaller dish is a hijack. After all, the title of this thread is my mini bud.

amigo Guest

Great thread and pictures xilbus, I read this thread with great interest and I must admit it was a pleasure to read all the replies.
    I was given a 1.2 meter Channel Master with the 4 ft pole etc last fall from a dear elderly customer of mine and I intend to set it up as soon as the weather gets a little warmer around here, I will need to do a little modification to set up the lnb, but its no big deal for me as I am quite handy.
    I have done a great deal of research on this very subject I am getting itchy to get it set up.

I have purchased a DMS BSC621_2 including the conversion bracket and Conical Scalar Ring, the sidecar set up is a great idea for the Ku signal, and I may consider that option if the ku on the 621-2 is not that great.

Again thanks and a great read.

jetsman2806 Guest

Wow I was just wondering this morning if it were possible to pick up C band signals with my size dish 39", as at my location I am well within range of most c band sats, the ku stuff i need a 6-8 footer for most of them. I am gonna start over reading this thread and take notes now lol

Solsantenudist Guest

Hi
    I started off with a 1.2 meter dish I which is just a little bigger than your 1 meter
    and yes you can pick up some transponders but not that many.
    I have a 14' dish and a 10' you can receive lot's with these combinations there is
    no substution for square footage of area and a good Lnb Hi gain Low noise and
    a receiver with a good front end tuner. If you have space and good line of sight
    go for the larger dish this only my point of view.
    Enjoy the hobby

jetsman2806 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Solsantenudist View Post
    Hi
    I started off with a 1.2 meter dish I which is just a little bigger than your 1 meter
    and yes you can pick up some transponders but not that many.
    I have a 14' dish and a 10' you can receive lot's with these combinations there is
    no substution for square footage of area and a good Lnb Hi gain Low noise and
    a receiver with a good front end tuner. If you have space and good line of sight
    go for the larger dish this only my point of view.
    Enjoy the hobby

cool thanks for the advice. the larger dish may be an issue with me , so i will just test around with the small one for now until i figure out a place that i can fit a large one

chifut Guest

This morning I did swapt the 3 foot dish with 4 foot fortec dish with allready sidekar C lnb 7 degree apart the Ku lnb,on the Motec 2100 motor with NO success.
    The motor is give -up ..It's moved the dish to 15w and then stuck on that bird /lol/,so I put again the 3 foot ,and start looking for more power motor..
    Actualy around my True South /83w/-PLUS/minus 10-15 degree ,the motor is moving East and West,but no way lower and higher .The dish is heavy ..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345