Thread: New Evaporator fan shaft vibrates

5aszdale Guest

Default New Evaporator fan shaft vibrates

Just changed evaporator fan motor in GE Profile side by side, as shaft was vibrating, and very noisy. Old blade had a small crack in it, so filed it down lightly and evened it off. Replaced motor with new and put on old blade and still vibrates. Is this because fan unbalanced due to too much shaved off of one (of 3 in total) blades?? Maybe original motor OK, but was vibrating due to unbalanced pitch due to blade damage?? Going to look around (Burlington area) tomorrow for new fan blade; motor is WR60X10154, do I have to use exact same 3 blade fan, or is there similar suitable replacement, if that's what I need.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Go to your local hardware store and see if they have a balance checker for a lawnmower blade, it looks like a small pyramid with a little stand, you can tell it the blade is off of balance with this thingy...

Looks like this puppy.

Code:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VYFOJM/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000FJTVSI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0ASSGE1GEGPT6J7VH4WK
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

5aszdale Guest

I found an Appliance repair shop in the area that carried the particular fan blade that I needed; bought it, replaced original, no more wobble, All is good...........................

aquadave Guest

always replace the blade with a new motor. It save you that headache